Builds Coop's GX470 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some work done this pass weekend

Springs look like they are in wrong, but they are ok
2A01F50A-6658-484E-BFF5-7846B68A74F1.jpeg

This A/C line had to be moved for the Zeon 10s winch to fit and the electric box had to be relocated, so the main body of the winch is in, but not yet working
7B3FA54A-B0E5-4063-B23F-9DD80CAECB2A.jpeg

On the alignment rack
F3F3EC97-9EAE-4CBA-ABF3-9B59009B4323.jpeg

Getting ready to leave
DBEF152F-FEAE-4F11-AFD0-2988CCA31962.jpeg

Last edited:
Got some work done this pass weekend
Getting ready to leave
View attachment 1684863

nice. I just reread and noticed it's a Demello bumper. rad. i'll have to add them to my list. A few weks a go I chatted some dudes from BC in town with Demello sliders on their 5th gen 4R. I hadn't seen that style before. Had an extra mounting leg, kinda cool (no KDSS). Anyway, rad to see they have a bumper that looks great on a GX.
prepping for cruise, it probably goes w/o saying :p

Also, I kinda like the rusted patina, pre-paint. :)

nice. I just reread and noticed it's a Demello bumper. rad. i'll have to add them to my list. A few weks a go I chatted some dudes from BC in town with Demello sliders on their 5th gen 4R. I hadn't seen that style before. Had an extra mounting leg, kinda cool (no KDSS). Anyway, rad to see they have a bumper that looks great on a GX.
prepping for cruise, it probably goes w/o saying :p

Also, I kinda like the rusted patina, pre-paint. :)
Thanks

Now I am back to rebuilding my trailer box, it wasn’t done right.
Transmission and other fluids will be changed, then off to the Arctic Ocean this summer.
Suck that girlfriend and dog can’t go.

What's the part number on your Dobinson HD rear springs? And do you mind posting the measurements from hub to fender on the rear?

I don't think I'll ever go to HD rear springs, but just want to see how high you are off the ground.

What's the part number on your Dobinson HD rear springs? And do you mind posting the measurements from hub to fender on the rear?

I don't think I'll ever go to HD rear springs, but just want to see how high you are off the ground.
Not sure of the number but they are XHD

I will try to get some measurements

from center of hub to fender is 24"

Got the new Dobinson springs on the back and adjusted the front, got an alignment done, front bumper got a cover coat of paint and the winch body is in. I have to remote mount the control box, needs a small frame made and hook up the line.

The GX rides a lot better with the new setup, because of the load I carry.

Set of MetalTech HD long travel springs in Houston if someone wants to buy them.

C9218413-EC75-41BD-9FEC-E8088A8A8393.jpeg

Got the new Dobinson springs on the back and adjusted the front, got an alignment done, front bumper got a cover coat of paint and the winch body is in. I have to remote mount the control box, needs a small frame made and hook up the line.

The GX rides a lot better with the new setup, because of the load I carry.

Set of MetalTech HD long travel springs in Houston if someone wants to buy them.

View attachment 1694899

Whoa, that looks good!

need something to hold my maps, atlas, large single state and trail books. I have GPS but like to carry paper maps.

IMG_1581.jpg

Have you posted a picture of your overall setup? Interested in your compartmentalizing, rack and donnage.

Have you posted a picture of your overall setup? Interested in your compartmentalizing, rack and donnage.

I haven't, most of it is here, but here is the build list as I can remember
I can add pictures of anything you want

Armor:
Demello Off Road front bumper with home made hoop
MetalTech rear bumper with swing out and fuel can carrier
RCI full skid plates set
RCI rock rails

Recovery;
Warn Zeon 10s winch with remote mount control box (still to be hooked up)
Tree saver strap
tow strap
ARB dual compressor

Suspension;
2015 4Runner SR5 wheels & Dick Cepeks Fun Country 265/70/17 ( soon to be Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17)
MetalTech Extend travel front with Radflo 2.5 shocks and 700lbs springs, Lite Racing Upper control arms
Dobinson HD rear Springs, Radflo 2.5 long travel rear shocks, MetalTech upper & lower rear control arms

Brakes;
Powerstop rotors, factory calipers, power stop pads, rear is stock with power stop pads

Electrical;
X2 31M battery
250amp power circuit breaker
LED headlights and hi beam lights
6 blade fuze box for accessories
Pioneer 8200nex headunit with iDatalink Maestro and Scan Gauge 2
Rear power outlet for the ARB fridge
Rear center console home made power outlet, 12v & usb
interior LED's
all 12v outlets are hard wired always hot
Midland 75-822 hand held CB
HAM Radio Yaesu FTM-3200DR 2 meter

Interior;
ARB fridge
Home build wood storage box
Home build storage area over the fridge
Home made wood trays, 1-rear door that folds against door if not in use, 2- sets on draw of storage, stores above fridge
Paper towel holder on rear door
Home made map holder

misc;
ARB breather
Tire repair kit
first aid kit
gun holder & clip holder in glove box
Ram mount and cradle for iPad

Navigation;
Pioneer 8200nex
iPad using Giga maps and Bad Elf for GPS signal
Hard paper maps, Atlas and large state maps

Last edited:

Hope that is what you where looking for

Forum is wonky right now.

But yes and then some. i dug through the whole thread and when coupled with your concise summary you answered my question, Thanks. :cheers:

Made a bracket for the winch control and put the line in.

24FFB447-9035-4333-B99C-AC770463B6E6.jpeg

51C334AF-BF3D-4468-BE0B-01B8DE114AD5.jpeg

F796FBB0-2DB4-47F9-8F77-2ED29B7E1D71.jpeg

added a tailgate shelve for making food or something and a towel holder, need to get a pin to hold the latch closed

View attachment 1538774

I thought I read some where in your thread about you doing a rear hatch latch release on the interior but I'm not seeing anything about it. This picture looks to show the pull though is that right?

I thought I read some where in your thread about you doing a rear hatch latch release on the interior but I'm not seeing anything about it. This picture looks to show the pull though is that right?
it is a pull T Handle, here is the link to the thread.
Interior rear door release

got a problem, after the snow leaves us, thinking around late April or May, I am going to have to sell my GX470.
I need a pickup for business and personal use, thinking 1st gen Tacoma and can not afford both.
I am keeping the ARB fridge, air compressor and Warn winch & 4Runner wheels (still have stock & FJ wheels)

Opinions, should I sell with or without the bumpers and stuff (rock rails, skids, Radflo/Metaltech/Dobsons lift)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom