Wanted Con-Ferr fj40 Tool Box (Front Bumper) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I gave mine up many moons ago in favor of a winch (which saved my rig from flowing down stream on 2-3 occasions). What I learned when I did have the front bumper tool box was (1) drill drain holes, they fill full of water, and (2) put thick carpet on the floor, the gear you store inside then makes a fairly loud "clank" every time you hit a bump in off road terrain (they rattle all day long when wheeling).

I gave mine up many moons ago in favor of a winch (which saved my rig from flowing down stream on 2-3 occasions). What I learned when I did have the front bumper tool box was (1) drill drain holes, they fill full of water, and (2) put thick carpet on the floor, the gear you store inside then makes a fairly loud "clank" every time you hit a bump in off road terrain (they rattle all day long when wheeling).
Thank you!

PM sent

Alright guys, I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag. I have redesigned this toolbox (in Soildworks of course) with some improvements over the Con-Ferr design. I have the prints done and they are being quoted in batches of 10. I do not know where the price will be but it should be economical. For me this is a side job so my profits will be kept as low as possible. I am more interested in being able to offer a product of great value for a great price to the community that has helped me with so many things along this journey. I may offer it in two versions, black powder coat or unpainted for those who want to save a few bucks or paint it to match their rig. I will update this thread as soon as I have my pricing and lead time back for the 1st set of 10.

Thanks,
Drake

Bump for this. If you see one come up for sale somewhere!
I have one of these toolboxes I didn’t know if they were an ad on option from the factory or dealer I’d have to be offered a pretty price to get rid of it I also have guards that go around the turn signals and tail lights

Alright guys, I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag. I have redesigned this toolbox (in Soildworks of course) with some improvements over the Con-Ferr design. I have the prints done and they are being quoted in batches of 10. I do not know where the price will be but it should be economical. For me this is a side job so my profits will be kept as low as possible. I am more interested in being able to offer a product of great value for a great price to the community that has helped me with so many things along this journey. I may offer it in two versions, black powder coat or unpainted for those who want to save a few bucks or paint it to match their rig. I will update this thread as soon as I have my pricing and lead time back for the 1st set of 10.

Thanks,
Drake
How is this project coming along? Thanks for taking it on.

I sold mine awhile ago. Here are some pics of a less rusty version to add to the thread
F6C7B40C-64E9-4461-A547-4DD7121672DB.jpeg
6DD2F3B6-C7A6-4985-B6B7-1E790AF742A6.jpeg
0EC63E22-FD37-4D2A-AE61-EC9DC350FE4B.jpeg
4F214822-D20E-48F4-998C-1E7B6031FA65.jpeg

A major design flaw of these is that the hinge allows water to get in the box.
Truth! I have one that the hinge is so bowed from rust, the PO put latches on either side to keep the lid down. Will have to have the hinge removed for it to function. Not sure yet how to add one and not have the water leak inside.

Thanks,
Drake
@Drake2 so you have any of these available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom