CLOSED --- TOUGH DOG SUSPENSIONS and TOUR FLEX SPRINGS---CLOSED (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please pm me about a quote and/or options for a 1984 fj60. No real modifications yet and will likely remain just a weekend warrior to et kayaks to and from the water.

Anyone have any insight on how this differs from an OME kit in ride quality on and off road?

Light front and rear would be the kit for you with 41mm bore foam cell shocks.

@red66toy @Kleatus @Mr Tibbs and a few others can chime in here on ride quality. IMO, it is a very nice ride both on and off.

J

My initial impressions of the suspension kit (light front and rear) are really great. Coming from the original suspension, the Tough Dog springs and shocks made for very nice ride and cornering, especially for a heavy old land cruiser. The kit is well thought out and the components are of high quality. Handles rough roads well and is quiet. Tough Dog has been around in AUS for a long time now and people there give it high reviews so I was confident that I would not be disappointed. I cannot comment on a comparison to OME. I'll post back with a longer ride report once I get more miles on it and take if off road. @Kleatus can speak better to the off road characteristics at the moment.
I am very happy and it sits nice and level ;)

33944597804_8d0ec3b465_c.jpg

34624479002_acd6730f03_c.jpg

Wow! Price request on 100 series 2 inch kit?

Some more 100 Tough Dog pics coming back in. HD torsions and brackets, Light/ 0-660 rear coils, 53mm front and 41mm rear Foam Cell shocks.

rig is on 295/75r16

J

View attachment 1477237

Ok so that 100 looks awesome, esp with the SCS wheels...

I'm sure he doesn't rub at all!

Can I ask why the light load springs but the upgraded front shocks? Was it due to the tire weight?
Or due to the type of driving the owner does?

Also why the strengthening brackets for the TBs? Would they be required on the 2" kit?

Appreciate you educating someone who was almost sold on an OME kit but is seeking something different.

Last edited:

Can I ask why the light load springs but the upgraded front shocks? Was it due to the tire weight?

Also why the strengthening brackets for the TBs? Would they be required on the 2" kit?

Appreciate you educating someone who was almost sold on an OME kit but am seeking something different.

He has a long dirt road and driveway to his house. He also camps and offroads his rig quite often. The 53mm foam cells are the cats meow for the 100 front shock. The 41mm foam cells would handle the same road conditions, but with the extra use, the 53mm was chosen. Customer loves the ride. Also, while light is up to a 660# load range, this goes into some spring makers medium and heavy ranges...

The strengthening brackets are recommended for use with aftermarket front bumpers and winches. I recommend them with the Tough Dog or any aftermarket higher strength torsion bar install. Tough Dog sees quite a few OE mounts ripped from the frame.

J

Appreciate ya,

Are we going to see a 2" kit on your site?

And a diff drop would be needed also correct?

Appreciate you educating someone who was almost sold on an OME kit but am seeking something different.

I'll chime in on why I decided to get the strengthing brackets on a 2.5 tough dog lift. The brackets strengthen an area on the control arm where the bolts for the tbar bracket goes thru. I had seen some photos (aus mostly) of damage and for less than $100 and a bolt on solution, it felt like cheap insurance. The lift itself is probably not going to add too much stress. More likely it's the off-roading you may attempt that adds excess force. My 2 cents

Appreciate ya,

Are we going to see a 2" kit on your site?

And a diff drop would be needed also correct?

I recommend the diff drop at a 2" plus lift. It's like politics on this subject.. If you are ready to buy a 2" lift today I will send you an invoice with the 15% discount. Andrea has been getting the new website on another host's platform going and haven't put the kits up yet.

PM me on what you want and I'll shoot you a $

Jason

Man I appreciate the discount offer but I'm not close enough yet.

Sure wish I was.

I'm getting a set of KISS drawers first then selling a Tacoma and dropping debt to only a mortgage and then maybe/hopefully the wife will let me lift the 100, lol... and get sliders too!

@reevesci @LS1FJ40 mentioned putting a stock height kit on his 92. Do you foresee having a tough dog stock height light kit (springs and shocks) for an 80 in the future? Or was that just talking about shocks? My OEM springs must be shot and I would have loved to take advantage of the father's day promotion. Thanks!

@reevesci @LS1FJ40 mentioned putting a stock height kit on his 92. Do you foresee having a tough dog stock height light kit (springs and shocks) for an 80 in the future? Or was that just talking about shocks? My OEM springs must be shot and I would have loved to take advantage of the father's day promotion. Thanks!

It will be 1" over stock height kit. I have one in stock now.

Jason

Sea freight order arrived on Friday. All the 40, 60 and 70 kits and components are boxed up and will ship tomorrow.

I can't keep these in stock... I guess its a good thing. I doubled my order this time and still sold out.

Remaining:

1- 40 kit (early- 25mm eyes) for winch front and light - up to 660# rears
Several 80 kits-- 2" and 3" all load ranges
2- 100 kits -- 2 and 3" all load ranges
2- 200 kits 1- light and 1- heavy

I'll start planning my next sea order in the next two weeks. Please feel free to email/PM me for details.

Jason

Trying to figure out what spring rate I should go with. I have 1 arb drawer fully loaded and 1 third row seat in full time. Sliders, roof rack installed, soon to have front bumper, winch and full skids. Rear bumper is a ways out. Picture below is typical load when traveling. When camping its even lower. Current coils are OME 865's.

Looks like there is only one torsion bar weight to pick from so that makes the front easy. Do you think I'm a candidate for the 660# springs or will I be hating life when I'm not loaded like this?

IMG_20170708_085645626.jpg

Trying to figure out what spring rate I should go with. I have 1 arb drawer fully loaded and 1 third row seat in full time. Sliders, roof rack installed, soon to have front bumper, winch and full skids. Rear bumper is a ways out. Picture below is typical load when traveling. When camping its even lower. Current coils are OME 865's.

Looks like there is only one torsion bar weight to pick from so that makes the front easy. Do you think I'm a candidate for the 660# springs or will I be hating life when I'm not loaded like this?

View attachment 1494446

What do you think your daily unloaded weight is in the rear?

J

Looking for a stock ride height, or as close as possible. Soon to have a BIOR high clearance bumper with dual swing outs, have front tube style bumper with winch, sliders, tow a boat and my trailer with rtt regularly. Just added stock shocks, would like to keep those if possible unless I just need a whole kit. Tb's have been cranked with one side maxed out, would have to reindex if springs give too much rear lift. Thanks for your help!

Looking for a stock ride height, or as close as possible. Soon to have a BIOR high clearance bumper with dual swing outs, have front tube style bumper with winch, sliders, tow a boat and my trailer with rtt regularly. Just added stock shocks, would like to keep those if possible unless I just need a whole kit. Tb's have been cranked with one side maxed out, would have to reindex if springs give too much rear lift. Thanks for your help!

Currently all I have is 2" and 3" lift kits/ components.

J

Can you pm me price shipped to 27320?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom