Charlotte Area Meeting & Gulches - January 2015 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
MEETING 1/25/15 at 2:00PM at BURGER COMPANY ON MOREHEAD ST.

I was thinking of posting a meeting this Sunday 18th, but with the expected warm, dry weekend and the renewed interest in Gulches ORV Park (thanks, @Izzyandsue ) how about we shoot for this:

Sunday 18th - Day trip to Gulches (maybe camp Sunday night)
Sunday 25th - Charlotte Area Meeting 3:00pm EDIT: 2:00pm

I don't know the NFL tv schedule or if that'll even be a concern for most of you, but post up your thoughts. As always, anybody is welcome to come to either event. We love getting lurkers out into the open to talk Toyota.

Gulches is a private off road park of easy to crazy levels and I believe the only focus there is 'wheeling, but the "meeting" can easily be done in a passenger car for those of you who might not currently have (or have working) a Toyota 4WD ;). Please post up your thoughts and attendance.

www.gulchesorvpark.com
6850 Indian Mound Rd
Laurens County, SC 29384

The Burger Company
1500 W. Morehead St
Charlotte, NC 28208
www.theburgercompany.com

Last edited:
My social life is on hold :doh:

But I will try very hard to make it to the burger company get together

Thanks for running point :cheers:

The Gulches is not too far down the road from me, been there quite a few times. We have a spare bedroom, even has a bed, and a couple couches if anyone wants to come from farther off and spend the night. Not sure if we will make it, Heather's truck is still stock and I really do not want to tear it up and have to wrench on it just to get it back to stock. Maybe we can hitch a ride in someone elses rig.

Anyone that goes and has mechanical issues is welcome here for repair work, you can use the shop and tools, parts are on you :)

I don't know the NFL tv schedule or if that'll even be a concern for most of you, but post up your thoughts. As always, anybody is welcome to come to either event. We love getting lurkers out into the open to talk Toyota.

3:05 and 6:40 are the game times on Sunday. If we can get some things knocked out we'll try and come out Sunday.

Sunday is the 18th

I'll try to make the 25th ....

It has been/will be raining pretty good all week down here in Charleston, I'm not sure if they're getting the same weather out by Gulches... That being said, I'm down for hitting the easy/moderate stuff that Sunday.

If it is wet at the Gulches you best have a winch, it gets nuts because pretty much every trail is a hill climb.

Everybody keep an eye on the weather for this weekend in Laurens, SC. Right now it's forecast to be high-50's and sunny for the weekend. Chance of rain is 0% after Wednesday.

I'd heard what Stan mentioned about it turning into a winchfest. I think the website even mentions that the easier trails are the worst when wet. Since the rest of the trails all branch off of the easy loop, it can probably get a bit uneasy. I meant to put that in the first post.

Since MLK is Monday, and some people are off for the holiday, is there any interest in camping there or close by Sunday night? Sumter Nat'l Forest is nearby as an option to the park (in case it's not open for Sunday night camping - haven't checked yet).

I have plenty of room to camp here as well if folks are interested

interesting.....hmm

I'm in for both.

Just looked at the Calendar. I think I misread the first post. Gotta prep this weekend as the Twins birthday is next weekend. I don't think I am going to be able to swing it. Sorry guys.

I talked to @JohnVee about this, I am going to most likely go down for the day on Sunday. I hope the rain holds out. Every forecast I'm looking at shows dry for the rest of the week except for Weather.com, but they are usually wrong.

Also, I will most likely be solo, so if any one needs to ride they can hop in with me.

I am in. Yes!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom