Charlotte Area Meeting & Gulches - January 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Confused!!

Heather says she wants to take her 80 and run milder trails to get a feel for the lockers etc. Think I will follow her with the PU and trailer. This truck has not been on the trail and I have no idea what will happen. Yeah Yeah, Ii am a belt and suspenders kind of guy

Heather says she wants to take her 80 and run milder trails to get a feel for the lockers etc. Think I will follow her with the PU and trailer. This truck has not been on the trail and I have no idea what will happen. Yeah Yeah, Ii am a belt and suspenders kind of guy
Awesome!

Man I wish I had the 73 fully shaken down. I have a few things to get done before wheeling it .... like a knuckle rebuild :doh:

I'm a maybe....TBD.

I can't caravan Jeremy, I'm coming from the opposite way:flipoff2:.

@JohnVee are you thinking "let's all picnic on the trail" or is this a "bring your own trail grindage" and a possible lunch at a restaurant afterwards?
I wasn't planning on organizing a meal. Everybody bring your own grub and we can find to spot to eat. A meal on the way home somewhere sounds good; we can figure that out Sunday. FYI to the CLT-area people - the 77 South route to Laurens is VERY rural south of Rock Hill. As in most food you'll find is in gas stations or can be jumbo-sized for another dollar.

@CharlestonG8R Before I forget I'll recommend Flying Pie in Newberry, SC, a few miles off 26 halfway between Laurens and Columbia.

Where are we leaving from?

The weather is now showing rain Saturday night/Sunday morning. Any contingency plan to go Saturday instead, or is Sunday a go either way? I'm down for whatever.

The weather is now showing rain Saturday night/Sunday morning. Any contingency plan to go Saturday instead, or is Sunday a go either way? I'm down for whatever.
I'd really like our first visit to be in dry conditions, especially after hearing of the slick red clay factor on the main trails. That said, a change to Saturday might be a good idea. How about we watch the weather forecast and make the call by midnight tonight? I know some people won't be able to make the change of date. @Roxx can't, I know.

@Izzyandsue Would you be able to join us?

@CharlestonG8R @Teddy @forrest5000 @NCFJ @TailsWCU @Phares @angerhater ???

I could make it,up to the group.

I can make either day.

Weirdly, Skip from Gulches just called me. He says he typically trusts http://www.wunderground.com for the forecast around his place and they're calling for 15% chance Sunday morning. I'm thinking of leaning towards using that site for making the final decision.

FWIW he sounds like a great guy- - very helpful and quick to answer questions with plenty of info.

I really want to go, but am apprehensive about the rain/clay and lack of lockers in my truck. It's usually not something that some skinny pedal can't fix, but skinny pedal usually leads to more broken parts :hillbilly:

Please take a lot of pictures.

Two words Johnny - Lincoln Locker. :hillbilly:

I am sure you can have that installed in no time flat ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom