For Sale Bluetooth Stereo 100% Hidden, only takes up the space of a dash knob! (Custom knob included) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple of updates for everyone.

I posted a quick video so you can get a better feel for the unit.

My camera equalizes the audio but I hope you get the idea.

First batch of 70 73 Era knobs needed to be redone. The scale was off by 1.8mm. Don't know how that happened but I started the next batch.

And here's some pics of the unit with a freshly minted knob. Can you see what's wrong with the knob? Not my day I guess... 😀

20211017_212851.jpg
20211017_212721.jpg
20211017_212814.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of updates for everyone.

I posted a quick video so you can get a better feel for the unit.

My camera equalizes the audio but I hope you get the idea.

First batch of 70 73 Era knobs needed to be redone. The scale was off by 1.8mm. Don't know how that happened but I started the next batch.

And here's some pics of the unit with a freshly minted knob. Can you see what's wrong with the knob? Not my day I guess... 😀

View attachment 2815077View attachment 2815078View attachment 2815079

Sweet. Waiting for payment info….

I love the pull-knob amp, awesome idea.

Here's an idea that someone could run with: custom FJ40 (ish) knob that is a powered USB source. Preferably, without a LED glow light. If for no other reason than the socket in the cigarette lighter is not keyed, and it isn't smooth, on the inner diameter, like dedicated electronic receptacles. The location would probably be that factory nylon block-out plug on the right of my '75's instrument cluster.

It seems like a USB source would be a good compliment to the bluetooth knob amp.

Last edited:
I love the pull-knob amp, awesome idea.

Here's an idea that someone could run with: custom FJ40 (ish) knob that is a powered USB source. Preferably, without a LED glow light. If for no other reason than the socket in the cigarette lighter is not keyed, and it isn't smooth, on the inner diameter, like dedicated electronic receptacles. The location would probably be that factory nylon block-out plug on the right of my '75's instrument cluster.

It seems like a USB source would be a good compliment to the bluetooth knob am.
Hold my beer... :)

I can do that!
I am pretty sure I can make that happen.
It would take two holes in the dash. I could customize one to mimic the cigarette lighter knob, but the knob would open, or twist, or something out of the way and reveal two usb fast charging ports. Maybe do one USB, and one AUX INPUT. ?

The USB would be wired to the main unit with a standoff setup.

I'll get hacking on the concept soon.

I wanted to let people know I'll be shipping several units out tomorrow.

I also got a request for the TEQ knob!

I knew that someone was going to order one!!! 😀

Here's a pic of some of them.

Thank again for all the interest!
I'm glad I can help get some music into your rigs...

20211018_222100.jpg
20211018_222749.jpg
20211018_222807.jpg
20211018_222154.jpg

So I did a little reading and it seems we can run 4 speakers off of this if we make sure the impedance is correct for the amplifier you are using. Do you see any issue running 4 speakers (2 on each channel) if we wire in series or parallel based on the speakers we use? I assume we should use the same speakers for all 4 locations? Kinda new to all this so apologies for the newbie questions.

So I did a little reading and it seems we can run 4 speakers off of this if we make sure the impedance is correct for the amplifier you are using. Do you see any issue running 4 speakers (2 on each channel) if we wire in series or parallel based on the speakers we use? I assume we should use the same speakers for all 4 locations? Kinda new to all this so apologies for the newbie questions.
No problem at all!

I have ran 4 speakers (the same in video) with no issues.

The great thing about this unit is it is happier with more power. The max output is 50w x2. So you divide it up a bit (basically) but it still sounds great.

I just ordered a kit that I'm hoping will allow me to mount behind the delete plate. No separate volume knob, but volume is controlled completely by your phone. It also has an audio input port for whatever old analog device you may have. Think 8 track, cassette, or similar. ;)

Ok. Another update for anyone interested.

Yesterday's question from @BreckenridgeCruiser got me thinking about offering a more powerful version.

So I am adding a second option that doubles the power to 200watts!
100watts per channel X2. This may help if your going to run 4 speakers. But remember, it's a 2.0 channel unit so no fade option for front and rear.

Price on the 200 watt unit will be $189.00 Shipped. The kits should arrive in the next few days. I only have two coming, so I will need to test it out, and order more based on demand etc.

Thanks.

@thecrazygreek When are you taking this to Amazon? Think about the numbers. Toyota, Chevy, ford, Chrysler,………

@thecrazygreek When are you taking this to Amazon? Think about the numbers. Toyota, Chevy, ford, Chrysler,………
I have put in for 2 Patent's. :)

No idea where this may go, but it does seem to be very popular.

It's a fork in the road, and I have no issues taking it! :)

Since I started this I guess I have to sign up for the higher powered version!

Higher powered for me.
Oh boy..

Okay, well, I will place an order for additional 200 watt versions asap!

I can't wait to hear wtf these are going to sound like!

Ok. Another update for anyone interested.

Yesterday's question from @BreckenridgeCruiser got me thinking about offering a more powerful version.

So I am adding a second option that doubles the power to 200watts!
100watts per channel X2. This may help if your going to run 4 speakers. But remember, it's a 2.0 channel unit so no fade option for front and rear.

Price on the 200 watt unit will be $189.00 Shipped. The kits should arrive in the next few days. I only have two coming, so I will need to test it out, and order more based on demand etc.

Thanks.
I can run a sub with this one? Sign me up.

KevO

Last edited:
Angelo, this is amazing - I'm really late to this party but I've always had to come up with some creative ways to put tunes into my cruisers. This is beautiful!

I'm really interested in the early style knobs. Since all of the early rotary knobs just had text (no icons or whatever), I'm thinking simple text of RADIO is the way to go on those early rotary style knobs. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom