Builds Big Red Toy (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hate trying to adjust those. It looks like it has a rubber boost reference line from the compressor to the WG actuator? If so I would order up another boost fooler to add in the air hose. Much easier to adjust when the WG is opening on the fly. Being able to tune in the middle of a test drive will also speed up progress of getting things dialed in.
What you're seeing is either the AC line or the oil line.

I guess it's update time. This weekend we went stir crazy and had us a little Land Cruiser get together. Ten beautiful Toyota rigs got together to hit some country roads. We soon found out there were other clubs doing social distancing Texas-style. We saw some Raptors and some Jeeps. One of the Jeep guys recognized Big Red and asked me about it in detail. All in all, it was a great time. We took a ton of photos, but I just need time to compile them. In the videos, you'll notice Big Red leading the Raptors across the river.

Lunch time at the James River

Jbf.jpeg
IMG-20200419-WA0023.jpg
20200418_151810.jpg
20200418_155304.jpg
20200418_130814.jpg

I drove by these guys today having a wrench day near my apartment. I see them all the time.
The really nice one was inside, but i couldn't get a pic in time. On my way back the shop seemed closed, so you don't see it in the pic.
IMG-20200425-WA0010.jpg

Also, my son sent me these two videos.

Mike, you could stick it to the snorkel ? :hillbilly: Could use windshield urethane ..can be done, if it's not to tall ??
:idea:I must admit, I hadn't thought about sticking it to the snorkel, maybe if it was chrome badging instead of black

I love not seeing a single drop of oil. Such a weird feeling.
20200511_200809.jpg

Also the big C
20200511_200834.jpg

Nothing special, just the view from my other house.

20200514_145912.jpg

The Tacoma fits with an inch to spare, big red not so much.

Anyone running 39 or 40-inch tires without any cutting or rubbing? Entertaining the idea of going bigger, but I also don't want to butcher the body.

Looks like traffic and summer are back. Just drove from San Antonio to Austin. Engine temps are creeping up when I hit around 75 mph. The electric fans can get it to settle right at 200*, ten degree higher than normal. I figure once summer is really here and I'm towing I could easily see 215*.

Anyone running 39 or 40-inch tires without any cutting or rubbing? Entertaining the idea of going bigger, but I also don't want to butcher the body.
I don’t think it’s possible, getting articulated with 37s could rub the body. It also depends on how you placed your axles.

I don’t think it’s possible, getting articulated with 37s could rub the body. It also depends on how you placed your axles.
Yea after much thought and research, i think I'll stick with 37s. Everything is working perfectly, I'm not going to mess with it.

Had a build day today at Lee's on his 40. Installed a new champion radiator, and new brake calipers.

It was so hot, we didn't end up shooting at the range.

20200524_111849.jpg
20200524_111856.jpg
20200524_123022.jpg
20200524_124702.jpg

Mumford, the friendliest bull showed up to help. I think he just wanted food and shade.
20200524_121037.jpg

I think next we're going to work on installing medium/heavy OME suspension.

I love this thread. Haven’t read all the way through it yet but definitely inspires me to get to work on mine. Love the cummins swap too. Awesome Rig

Thanks, encouragement like this is what keeps me going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom