Builds Big Red Toy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20180716_162032.jpg

This just happened. How long can I drive on it like this?

As far as the louvers go, they are great. Takes longer to overheat and when it does the temps are lower and it cools down much faster.

View attachment 1745782
This just happened. How long can I drive on it like this?

As far as the louvers go, they are great. Takes longer to overheat and when it does the temps are lower and it cools down much faster.
Is it coming from the hub seal? At least you have some good news after the louver install.

Is that the bed rack for the Taco? Sweet!

Checked out their website. This is pretty cool.

upload_2018-7-17_15-14-13.png

Let's see the rack!

I only put half of it on. It's been crazy hot and I'm missing a small piece, so waiting for them to ship it. I also had to sawzal a small section to clear the led lights. That got me in trouble with Aurora since she bought the rack for her truck.

Anyway, here's what it looks like now. It's really sturdy, but scratches easily.
It can carry a full size spare above the cab while running the baja.
20180718_101954.jpg
20180718_135339.jpg
20180718_135356.jpg

Those louvers look pretty bad ass. Man, you're making me want to do that on my truck.

Those louvers look pretty bad ass. Man, you're making me want to do that on my truck.
I think moonshine will look awesome with louvers.

They look even better up close. You just need to gather a gallery of dudes to watch and comment when cutting.

Bonus points if I do it with the hood on the truck? I'm pretty lazy :lol:
I'm pretty lazy too, the guys did all the work. I just took pics.

Any idea what these are for? Found them in the driveway, and I dont think they came off the Tacoma. Anything to do with leaky hubs or the front axles?
20180723_152157.jpg

I'm gonna be out of town for a bit so I don't have time to dig into it right now.

Any idea what these are for? Found them in the driveway, and I dont think they came off the Tacoma. Anything to do with leaky hubs or the front axles?
View attachment 1751038

I'm gonna be out of town for a bit so I don't have time to dig into it right now.
I've never seen that type of C clips on a truck before.

View attachment 1751038

Total WAG, but I'd say check your lock cylinders.

I guess it's time for an update. Went on vacation to Alaska in late July, saw bears, whales, eagles, otters, seals, seal lions and a ton of squirrels. The family had fun and one day I want to drive up there instead of fly.

Then in August, I went to Hawaii for an exercise, which was cut short by hurricane Lane. Though it didn't land, it flooded out the islands . Ran out of water and gas. While there, I did check up on the old land cruiser and grand wagoneer that I saw back in April. Both are still parked in the exact spots.

When I got home, I finished putting together the bed rack on the Tacoma and switched out the mechanical fan to an electrical one on big red. I haven't yet tested it on the highway, but I have managed to blow out fuses. When it works, it moves a lot of air. When it blows a fuse the temps go up quickly.

20180826_120926.jpg

20180902_185056.jpg

20180903_143737.jpg

I guess it's time for an update. Went on vacation to Alaska in late July, saw bears, whales, eagles, otters, seals, seal lions and a ton of squirrels. The family had fun and one day I want to drive up there instead of fly.

Then in August, I went to Hawaii for an exercise, which was cut short by hurricane Lane. Though it didn't land, it flooded out the islands . Ran out of water and gas. While there, I did check up on the old land cruiser and grand wagoneer that I saw back in April. Both are still parked in the exact spots.

When I got home, I finished putting together the bed rack on the Tacoma and switched out the mechanical fan to an electrical one on big red. I haven't yet tested it on the highway, but I have managed to blow out fuses. When it works, it moves a lot of air. When it blows a fuse the temps go up quickly.

View attachment 1781188

View attachment 1781189

View attachment 1781190
Great to have ya back Mike. I’ll bet Alaska was awesome. I’d love to drive up there also. Bummer you couldn’t enjoy Hawaii more but at least you gotta go. Got any Alaska pictures?

Great to have ya back Mike. I’ll bet Alaska was awesome. I’d love to drive up there also. Bummer you couldn’t enjoy Hawaii more but at least you gotta go. Got any Alaska pictures?

Some Alaska pics in no particular order.

This is the cabin we stayed in. Was very nice, had a creek right behind it. The salmon started running the bears were feasting.
20180725_084355.jpg

Our first night, we came across a huge mama bear and her two cubs. Carried my 45-70 and .45 everywhere we went.
20180725_182501.jpg

You can't really see it, but there's a house on that island.
20180727_121724.jpg

This is Beaver lake. Walked for 7 miles to the top to see this beauty.
20180727_165244.jpg

The view from the other side.
20180728_191525.jpg

A few more pics.

One of the first whales we saw. We must have seen no less than 30, some came really close to the boat.
20180728_133803(0).jpg

Another one.
20180728_142149.jpg

Otters hanging out. They cling on to the kelp so they don't float away. The kelp doesn't taste bad either.
20180728_144855.jpg

We thought it was a deserted island, but ended up finding two "scientists" on there. It took an hour by boat to get there.
20180728_152807.jpg

Inside a cave looking out.
20180728_155431.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom