Builds Big Red Toy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mike, are you going to be able to swing the inaugural SAS this summer in Colorado or is it during your deployment?

Mike, are you going to be able to swing the inaugural SAS this summer in Colorado or is it during your deployment?
As of right this moment it will be while I'm overseas. However my orders have been amended a few times already and we did just get a new president so anything is a possibility.

As of right this moment it will be while I'm overseas. However my orders have been amended a few times already and we did just get a new president so anything is a possibility.

Hear that. Would like to see you up there with Big Red if you can swing it!

Hear that. Would like to see you up there with Big Red if you can swing it!
Would love to make it. Colorado is on my bucket list of states to camp in.

Last edited:
A 25oz Bud TallCan; everything's gonna be allllrrriiigghhhhtttt
IMG_0107.JPG

A 25oz Bud TallCan; everything's gonna be allllrrriiigghhhhttttView attachment 1386358

I don't always work on my rig, but when I do, I make sure I'm drinking heavily :beer:.

This is more for my reference than anything else. if i don't load it on here I'll forget where I put it.

20170121_165658.jpg

Took the family out to Colorado Bend State Park today. Had a helluva time fighting 50 mph headwinds getting there. Was in 4th gear pretty much all the way there. I noticed by steering wheel has some play in it, thinking it's time for a new steering gear box.

When we got there, we explored some caves, went bike riding until we found the waterfalls and springs. It was a good exhausting day. Coming back was great since we didn't have to fight the wind.

We wanted to camp here over the weekend, but 3 different boy scout troops booked the entire park.

20170122_150540.jpg

Alex taking a break after biking for miles then hiking down to the river.

20170122_162624.jpg

The waterfall.
20170122_162157.jpg

The other waterfall
20170122_162406.jpg

Possibly my favorite picture of the day, notice there's not one drop of oil under Big Red.
brparked.gif

I tried it in 4 wheel drive for a bit, and I noticed there's not that very low transfer case whine anymore. I guess the synthetic oil fixed whatever it was.

On a bad note though, I did find two hairline cracks in the cross member holding up the transfer case. So I need to get that reinforced soon.

Last edited:
Dropped Big Red off for its compound turbo install. I'll be deployed in the meanwhile so this might be the last picture for a while.

20170306_150717.jpg

Can't wait to see how that comes out. Stay safe. How long will you be deployed?

So now starts an endless cycle of wish lists and day dreams of what I want to add to my rig. I miss driving Big Red, but I am surrounded with some very heavily modified military grade Toyotas of all kinds which helps me cope. I'm thinking when I get back, Big Red needs a new coat of paint and maybe one of these.

Distressed Skull Punisher Hood Vinyl Decal 16" - 23" width Fits Jeep Wrangler TJ JK

What do you guys think, too tacky, or just perfect?

EDIT: yes it's on a Jeep, but it would look better on a Toyota.

Be safe over there Mike :cheers:

:lol: @ the sticker. Buy one and put it on!! I'd love to see how it looks.

This time bring me back a diesel engine and transmission. :)

Be safe over there Mike :cheers:

:lol: @ the sticker. Buy one and put it on!! I'd love to see how it looks.

Thanks bro. The Punisher logo looks awesome in Iraq/Syria. In the US I think it comes off tacky or pretentious. That's why I've been hesitating.

This time bring me back a diesel engine and transmission. :)

Dude, if I could I would. Remember how I told you I could have bought entire tricked out diesel trucks for $2000. I just need to figure out a way to get them out of the country with my head still on my shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom