For Sale BF Goodrich "Unicorn" Tires, 33x9.5r15 All-Terrain KO – Used, Good-Condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Used, Good-Condition BF Goodrich 33x9.5r15 All-Terrain KO "Unicorn" Tires – $1000 for 4

These tires are extremely rare as BF Goodrich no longer produces them, and they're highly sought after for off-roading, over-landing, etc... The year of production and the number of miles on them is unknown, but they're in good condition and fit onto stock FJ40 rims.

BFGTires_05.jpg
BFGTires_01.jpg
BFGTires_02.jpg
BFGTires_03.jpg

BFGTires_04.jpg

There should be a manufactured date on the tires.

A tire, regardless if it has been in storage or being used has a 6-10 year lifespan. Personally I would not use a tire that is over 5 years old, except as a roller.

I think the set is very cool, but it carries a large liability. The probability an older tire will blow out/fail regardless of its appearance is very high and they should not be resold or used.

I feel this is a safety issue that buyers need to be aware of.

KevO

$1000 for a set of used tires!!??

you can get brand new Interco Super Swamper for less in a 33x9.50-15!!

I get they’re discontinued and this is a unique size but … they’re used and, as stated above, without knowing the manufactured date may not be safe to drive!

cheers to the free bump!

the DOT code will give the date. Look at the last four digits in the DOT code - that is your week number and year. I zoomed in and it looks like these are a 2011 tire. "11". However I can barely see it and I think these were discontinued before 2011, but I don't know.

Example would be 1011 (10th week of 2011). I would need a better photo.

I agree an older tire, is a liability, even if in great shape, I mean, I'd drive a five year tire....10? I'd be cautious.

$1000 for a set of used tires!!??

you can get brand new Interco Super Swamper for less in a 33x9.50-15!!

I get they’re discontinued and this is a unique size but … they’re used and, as stated above, without knowing the manufactured date may not be safe to drive!

cheers to the free bump!
Honestly I’ve never sold tires before and really have no idea what constitutes whether or not a tire is worth buying or not. I haven’t been able to find any of these anywhere online so I haven’t had any prices to reference, the only reference I did have was the guy I bought my car (and the tires) from claiming that people had offered him stupidly large amounts of money for them as he was just driving around, but he didn’t give a definitive amount so I figured I’d price them at what I bought a new set of BFG’s for. I drove them for a few thousand miles before taking them off and never had any issues but I can definitely see how older tires with an unknown manufacturing date could raise some issues…

Thanks for the perspective, I’ve never sold tires so I really don’t know what I’m doing. I’m gettin the impression I should drop the price substantially and do what I can to find a date of manufacturing. Aside from that, any advice on pricing? I’ve driven on them and they were fine from my view, but are these even sell-able in the condition they’re in?

Honestly I’ve never sold tires before and really have no idea what constitutes whether or not a tire is worth buying or not. I haven’t been able to find any of these anywhere online so I haven’t had any prices to reference, the only reference I did have was the guy I bought my car (and the tires) from claiming that people had offered him stupidly large amounts of money for them as he was just driving around, but he didn’t give a definitive amount so I figured I’d price them at what I bought a new set of BFG’s for. I drove them for a few thousand miles before taking them off and never had any issues but I can definitely see how older tires with an unknown manufacturing date could raise some issues…

Thanks for the perspective, I’ve never sold tires so I really don’t know what I’m doing. I’m gettin the impression I should drop the price substantially and do what I can to find a date of manufacturing. Aside from that, any advice on pricing? I’ve driven on them and they were fine from my view, but are these even sell-able in the condition they’re in?
Sorry, not a few thousand, few hundred. I don’t wanna overstate they’re usage but also wanna be honest and not understate. I drove on them for about half a year before switching, and the owner before me allegedly drove around 1800 miles during his ownership, but I have no idea how much of that was on these.

To anybody looking at this thread now, these tires are no longer for sale. I’ve decided that I don’t know enough about their condition or about selling tires in general to feel comfortable selling them, and that if there’s even a possibility that they could be dangerous to use than it’s something I can’t and won’t sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom