Best Mod for under $100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you tried good off?

Steam is the best way to get this type of stuff off. Steam AND goof off and it’ll come off in seconds

I've used a blow dryer, simple green, dawn dish soap, goof off, etc. I am even scraping it with a plastic putty knife that I sharpened with a razor blade. It is one of those clear stickers. I haven't tried steam, but I don't know exactly how I would go about doing that.

I’m A detailer and have a really nice steam cleaner (Vapor Chief) in my aresenal that I would never expect you to buy. However usually any decent detailer has one, even at the dealership, just show them the sticker. I wouldn’t even charge if you got a detail and if you didn’t, I’d charge maybe $5-10. Then again if the Prado badge works and you like it, go for that option!

I've used a blow dryer, simple green, dawn dish soap, goof off, etc. I am even scraping it with a plastic putty knife that I sharpened with a razor blade.

Dang, the PO must've had some political statement they REALLY wanted the world to be aware of!!!
:rimshot:

I bought the Army surplus cargo net that was mentioned before on this thread but I cut the unnecessary straps off with some snips. Came out really clean, definitely worth doing if you're looking for extra space.

IMG_9912_zpswg0ityvo.jpg

IMG_9909_zpsnya3rmqx.jpg

I bought the Army surplus cargo net that was mentioned before on this thread but I cut the unnecessary straps off with some snips. Came out really clean, definitely worth doing if you're looking for extra space.

IMG_9912_zpswg0ityvo.jpg
sweet! Share info on that deck you have behind the 2nd row
emoji_u1f914.png

Nothing fancy, simple design but it holds plenty of weight. Allows me to stack one large and one medium sized (not shown) Husky box on top plus still room for the cargo attic.

IMG_9804_zpsncnc6efk.jpg
ah, it's the tub not a full height rack. Gothcya. clever, simple and functional.
dig it!

Last edited:
I originally posted this in “what did you do today” but I like it so much that I think it deserves a spot in best mod. I put on a matte black hood decal from Amaesing Decal. Went on pretty easy but I do have a little experience with vinyl wrap. My paint is starting to go on my hood so I figured this might give me a couple years before a paint job.

A2869F90-F307-4559-907F-E8E29639B777.jpeg

BB963829-E962-442C-B95C-C39F764D6DD0.jpeg

B40CAA35-28A9-42CB-8CFB-A79CF5DC8765.jpeg

FM quality. Gotta make sure the settings on your phone are correct also. Its very good, its not exceptional.

I have the Sumind FM transmitter model:

Amazon.com: Sumind Wireless Radio Adapter, Car Bluetooth Fm Transmitter, Bluetooth Car Transmitter 1.7 Inch Display, QC3.0/2.4A Dual USB Ports, AUX Input/Output, Mp3 Player with Magnetic Mount and Plate: Cell Phones & Accessories

and it also has 4.3/5 stars on Amazon. I think the sound sucks--it's muffled and not loud. I have a cassette tape that sounds better. Perhaps my expectations are too high, as it's under $30, but I don't see how it ranks so highly. Perhaps some FM stations work better than others? I have to put my phone volume on max and crack the car volume up.

I have the Sumind FM transmitter model:

Amazon.com: Sumind Wireless Radio Adapter, Car Bluetooth Fm Transmitter, Bluetooth Car Transmitter 1.7 Inch Display, QC3.0/2.4A Dual USB Ports, AUX Input/Output, Mp3 Player with Magnetic Mount and Plate: Cell Phones & Accessories

and it also has 4.3/5 stars on Amazon. I think the sound sucks--it's muffled and not loud. I have a cassette tape that sounds better. Perhaps my expectations are too high, as it's under $30, but I don't see how it ranks so highly.
Thanks. I remember FM transmitters of the late 90s early 00s. Was wondering if the tech ever improved, doesn't sound like it. But after all, it is a radio signal. I've found a cassette adapter sounds good too, just hate the wires. There has to be a way to solder in an aux cable to the CD in0ut in the glove box or something. I think a better electrician than me should do a write up and post the "how-to" for us.

Got tired of that useless storage pouch in the rear door. Came up with a fix. For less than $70 I bought a molle panel and three bags. I trimmed the panel just bigger than the size needed, folded the sides under, and riveted it to the plastic. I put the rivets behind the molle loops so they are not seen. It was pretty easy to do. I might switch out some of the bags. That's the best part, there are countless options will molle.View attachment 1575340View attachment 1575341View attachment 1575342View attachment 1575343View attachment 1575345
Thanks again for the idea! I finally got around to doing this to my own GX. Love it! Useful and looks soooo much better than the old stretchy net.

I originally posted this in “what did you do today” but I like it so much that I think it deserves a spot in best mod. I put on a matte black hood decal from Amaesing Decal. Went on pretty easy but I do have a little experience with vinyl wrap. My paint is starting to go on my hood so I figured this might give me a couple years before a paint job.

View attachment 1905858

View attachment 1905859

View attachment 1905860

Where'd you source the front bull bar?

Hey, I picked it up on Craigslist. It’s for a 4Runner but it fit the GX. I have the Jaos skid plate on there too. It’s also for the 4Runner but it works.
Skids Al or steel? Haven't heard of JAOS. Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom