Builds Barn Find 1983 FJ45 Troopcarrier (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@koxfarm I have literally spent the last hour going through every page of this thread. Your attention to detail and patience makes your work the best I've ever seen. I was drooling by page 6!

Keep up the good work, and definitely subbed to this thread - can't wait to see it when it's done!

I have a parking spot set aside for it....:grinpimp:

@koxfarm I have literally spent the last hour going through every page of this thread. Your attention to detail and patience makes your work the best I've ever seen. I was drooling by page 6!
What is on pp6, you like so much than the others?

Keep up the good work, and definitely subbed to this thread - can't wait to see it when it's done!

What is on pp6 you like so much than on the others?

Gear stick in place with new retainer and grommet. Also I have installed the Dual Diaphragm Disc Brake Booster for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ55 FJ60
and clutch master and pedals.. cant wait to smash that brake :steer:

IMG_4324.JPG

IMG_4326.JPG

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

I've been busy finishing the rims for the troopy. See photos..
And while I was doing the monotonous work of riveting the clips my thoughts wondered around these early Landcruisers in comparison to modern cars. Without any prejudice or subjective favour towards the 40's I don't think anyone ever created something so versatile yet durable and enduring like these vehicles.
I mean looking at the body structure alone, and how the panels and seals create an extremly complex system to serve a great range of purpose. It is really like a Lego toy. It can be open or closed, short, long, medium, this door that door windscreen or no windscreen..
The number of variants within one range are just incredible.
Probably arount the end of 70' early 80' was the peak of this variability, anything after that time has become more differentiated as a result of simplification of producing parts. The omission of the hood clips meant the windscreen will stay upright and so on the list is long.
Why? Did customers interest faded towards versatility or again as in so many other situations in life the customer is only got fed with whatever companies wants to sell instead of providing goods at need. Whatever the answer is it is easier to make and its not forever anyway cars are become recycled rubbish, ultimately just rubbish.
Going back to the 40's and its idea behind the engineering marvel and comparing the technological advancement between today and the 70's, how would it look if today some manufacturer would decide to create another "lego" vehicle so versatile like the 40' series Landcruiser it was back in the day.

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4381.JPG

Good Morning Badass City.. here we go!
If anyone interested these tyres, are Japanese new Landcruiser stock Dunlop Road Grippers 225/95R16 (10.5x33 16R)
.. set on my custom made 16x7" rims.
I was thinking a few sleepless nights if I should run 235/85 bfg muddies or 265/75 or 285/70 bfg at's because all thise sizes fit the rims, but I settled down and just love the /95 height of these tyres and more they are stock japanese Landcruiser tyres.. and guys honestly 225 is not skinny.. stears, drives and bogs out better. (Only if I get bogged on display because I plan to bring some mud from outside to show these tyres that there is mud outside..heaps)

IMG_4408.JPG

IMG_4413.JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG

IMG_4418.JPG

Last edited:
Just simply awesome. :)

Except for the spark plug wires.......:lol:

YES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom