Barn Find 1965 FJ45LPB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

last one... view from my living room
image.jpeg

that looks close to 2000 square feet! Keep it up!

Looking good JP.

Well months behind and way over budget the house is nearing completion. Still got about a month to go but I can finally see the light at the end of this long dark tunnel I've been in.
IMG_1591.JPG
IMG_1590.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG

Very much looking forward to getting back in the shop and finishing up the 45. My hope is for it to make its debut at the Carolina Relic Run this coming June!

Beautiful rig and a that house ain't too shabby either!

What did you use to paint your engine? I want mine to look just like that.

Did the builders have problems with the architect? Looks good JP!!

Time to bring some closure to this thread. My house is finally finished well at least 99% still a few little things here and there to wrap up but we are moved in and settled. Still have a carport and associated storage room to build, but that can wait until the heat subsides here. With more time over the last few weeks I was able to wrap up the 45 resurrection. After 15 years of being dormant she is finally back on the road! Which is awesome but it's bitter sweet as we shattered our budget on the house and still need funds for the carport so sadly the 45 will be going up for sale soon :crybaby:. Heart broken to have to let her go but I've really enjoyed reviving the old girl over the last couple of years. Here are some photos of how she stands now......
fj45-53.jpg
fj45-47.jpg
fj45-45.jpg
fj45-50.jpg
fj45-41.jpg
sure has come a long way :beer:

That sure is nice looking...and tempting. So what does it still need? Sure i can't afford it but do you have a price figured out yet?

Thanks for the kind words fellas. It shouldn't need too much, it is a 52 year old truck but my goal was to go through and mechanically restore it while preserving the original patina. I rebuilt the axles, drive shafts, tcase, new wheel cyls, brake pads, turned the drums, new clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, rear main seal, resurfaced the flywheel, replaced the seals on the trans., all new gaskets throughout the engine, new few pump, alt, brake/ clutch masters, clutch slave, new TRE, rebuilt drag link, center arm, new brake lines, shocks, replaced every rubber hose and hose clamp, rebuilt the carb..... so on and so on. I poured a ton of time in money into the truck. It had been sitting for 15 years so everything had to be rebuilt or replaced :D

As for price I don't know exactly what to ask, the whole "survivor" or "patina" look is kinda a niche market so my plans are to put it up on Bring a Trailer and see what she brings.

The truck is sweet and I was watching the video with the volume low. Then the video end and I almost lost my lunch.
:moon:
Screenshot_2017-08-03-12-53-55.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom