Attic Racks/Storage Shelf Talk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a link to the video of the Drop Down Storage Tray - looks pretty slick.

Wow, slick indeed! I wonder if he ever got around to building one for the hundy. If so, maybe he would do a group buy for good ole mud if we could get enough interest?

Doesn't that seem like crap would slide out and fall when you open it? I guess if its only large objects that can be stopped by the lip, it would work well, but is that really the common scenario?

*Edit: I guess the lip is as tall as the storage but it still seems like there would be issues.

. . . and does it block the a/c up top?

I made something similar for my 80 a long time ago except once opened it could be pulled to slide it towards the tailgate for easier access. It had limit straps so it didn't drop to enough of an angle for everything to fall out. It was great except for when there was lots of stuff under it and then it was useless because there's no space to lower it into ...

I made something similar for my 80 a long time ago except once opened it could be pulled to slide it towards the tailgate for easier access. It had limit straps so it didn't drop to enough of an angle for everything to fall out. It was great except for when there was lots of stuff under it and then it was useless because there's no space to lower it into ...

Ahhh great point.....didn't think about that one. o_O

Just received & installed the Blue Ridge Overland Gear Attic. Quality materials and construction but for the position intended it ends up being positioned between the 2nd & 3rd rows making it less than convenient/useful for accessing from either side. Seems it would have been more useful/easier to access if completely over the 3rd row for me. Might try it like Rob has his: Over the 2nd row but I really wanted/needed it to be accessible from the rear hatch area...

Yeah I can fab up some anchor points and try to make it work; but...

FYI/FWIW.

Just received & installed the Blue Ridge Overland Gear Attic. Quality materials and construction but for the position intended it ends up being positioned between the 2nd & 3rd rows making it less than convenient/useful for accessing from either side. Seems it would have been more useful/easier to access if completely over the 3rd row for me. Might try it like Rob has his: Over the 2nd row but I really wanted/needed it to be accessible from the rear hatch area...

Yeah I can fab up some anchor points and try to make it work; but...

FYI/FWIW.

Can you throw up a pic because I'm really close to getting one of those.

Mostly for stuff from the rear when the hatch is open.

Can you throw up a pic because I'm really close to getting one of those.

Mostly for stuff from the rear when the hatch is open.

Sorry but I sold it after determining it didn't suit my needs ...

FWIW, after realizing the Blue Ridge attic didn't meet my needs I found these guys: Raingler Nets builds custom cargo netting, dog and cargo barriers

Eddie Cline was the person I communicated with at Raingler and he was willing to make what I wanted. I just got busy with the trailer project and never pulled trigger. But its on my list of to do's.

Here's my setuo

IMG_2734.JPG

FWIW, after realizing the Blue Ridge attic didn't meet my needs I found these guys: Raingler Nets builds custom cargo netting, dog and cargo barriers

Eddie Cline was the person I communicated with at Raingler and he was willing to make what I wanted. I just got busy with the trailer project and never pulled trigger. But its on my list of to do's.

I ordered and used a Raingler Net for 100s in the Hills last year. I have their barrier net between my second row and back cargo area already. The net was positioned above the second row seats (with them removed to hold jackets, raincoats, blankets, etc. It worked great! I need to find a way to mount it in the rear. I am thinking about using the bolts for the 3rd row seat belt mounts/fabbing a bracket to that. I wasn't looking to put a lot of weight up there.

This is my setup. I made it all which was a lot of sewing. I particularly like nets over metal for the dogs and flexibility. I can loosed the buckles for the attic and sag the whole thing down to load even more stuff. I can also stuff things up there and they have pressure held on them keeping them against the roof.

IMG_20160914_165234.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom