Anyone fitted cable lockers to a 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has fitted cable lockers in their 40 and if yes would love to see a pic of where you mounted the levers etc. I managed to score a set that were on a 61 that I bought for the 12ht!

I'm installing a set in my 45 but I haven't run the cables in the cab yet. @roma042987 has installed one in his 40 and a set in Tucker's 40.

BTW I have also installed a 12HT in my 45 and Roma will be installing one in his 40 as well.

I'm installing a set in my 45 but I haven't run the cables in the cab yet. @roma042987 has installed one in his 40 and a set in Tucker's 40.

BTW I have also installed a 12HT in my 45 and Roma will be installing one in his 40 as well.

Nice one! I'm going to get the 12ht in and running first then tackle the lockers down the track. Did you use the complete housing on the front? Was trying to research if the centre will work in the 40 housing

somewhat depends on what year 40 front axle you have. the center will fit in all years but if you have an early axle with drum brakes and coarse spline axle or ball and claw you will not want to use those. If its a disk axle already you will use the third member and the longer splined axle shaft only. you will need to clearance the housing for the actuator. I actually used an 80 elocker third and converted it to cable operation with an aftermarket kit so I didn't use the factory 60 series controls. The 60 series will work just as well

somewhat depends on what year 40 front axle you have. the center will fit in all years but if you have an early axle with drum brakes and coarse spline axle or ball and claw you will not want to use those. If its a disk axle already you will use the third member and the longer splined axle shaft only. you will need to clearance the housing for the actuator. I actually used an 80 elocker third and converted it to cable operation with an aftermarket kit so I didn't use the factory 60 series controls. The 60 series will work just as well

Awesome mate thanks for the info!

Who did you use for the actuator I want to go the same thing. Tnx

What does it look like pics if possible. Mine will be 80's units also.
My build thread has pics. There is a thread on the conversion in the 80s section. I even wired up the engaged switch to tell me when it's engaged. I wish I used the next size bigger actuator, it's pretty slow in its activation. The actuators are stupid cheap. Some day I'll put a bigger actuator in. But since it's the rear, I leave it engaged on the trail the whole time anyway. The front diff is arb. So it made sense to convert the rear to pneumatic.

This is my cable mount location. I used the 70 series cables, levers and bracket.

IMG_1531.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG

@47coeman im using a stock 70 series actuator. I don't know anyone right now that has one. You might try EBI in Canada or @joekatana here on mud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom