All 60 and 62 door shells interchangeable?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 89 FJ62 with power windows and doors. Driver's door is rusted out and I sourced a clean shell. Mechanic now tells me that the window stuff won't fit. He may well be wrong. Are these shells interchangeable? Or do power windows/ doors only fit in doors designed for them? I understand that the inner panels are, of course, different, and I'll be reusing mine.

Bob

Search for other threads on this, but I think people have gone in both directions with windows in door shells. I can't believe it can't be figured out and made to work, but he may not have the time or desire.

Hi, if it is a manual window, it’s the same. Power window to manual some work required. Mike

Thanks for the replies. My original FJ62 door had powers windows/doors. The replacement is apparently a door which had manual windows. (We only got a shell so it wasn't clear to us .) Is it possible to install my power window/door setup into a door that apparently had only manual windows? Has anyone done that?

I don't know if the replacement door is actually from a 60 or 62. I've owned three 62's over the years (one from new) and they always had power windows.

The door itself is the same*. I’ve swapped them

*interchangeable

Last edited:
@sschruff is looking for parts of a door skin, around the side mirror. For some RnD or something.
Sorry, I don’t have an answer to your question tho

@sschruff is looking for parts of a door skin, around the side mirror. For some RnD or something.
Sorry, I don’t have an answer to your question tho
Which is the one area where the two differ. Reportedly the 62 has reinforcement around the mirror mounts to help stabilize the larger, heavier mirrors, and the 60 doesn't. Might find you now have mirror wobble with a 60 door when you didn't before.

Which is the one area where the two differ. Reportedly the 62 has reinforcement around the mirror mounts to help stabilize the larger, heavier mirrors, and the 60 doesn't. Might find you now have mirror wobble with a 60 door when you didn't before.

Neat. learned something new

The front doors on my '86 FJ60 didn't have the holes for the power mirror wiring, I had to drill them for mounting the mirrors from my '89 FJ62 donor vehicle. Other than that, they're the same.

My understanding is that 60 doors are different with manual and electrical windows. 62 doors are same with both windows. My knowledge is for euro spec. At least they look different 60 vs. 62.

60 on left and 62(61) on right

Screenshot_20210701-125250.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom