Builds AK HJ-75 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought the one I had , had TOYOTA on it

The markings on the side we can see are consistent with some we have here in the museum. I'd like to see the flip-side of that one.

Looks like it is a Toyota monkey wrench😁 looks like it may be a full kit.

F9DA3542-F6A7-447B-B9C9-98926B573D85.jpeg

Ah HA!

They are good quality shifters as we call them.

Runs good, but have same mistakes Beno had, I didn’t adjust the brake booster since I didn’t have the tool. Fortunately I stayed close to home so I got it back in the garage before any damage, did get pretty warm and it would hold itself on slight uphill incline. Also, will need to order a new set of seat belts. Mix and match didn’t work.

Last edited:

Runs good, but have same mistakes Beno had, I didn’t adjust the brake booster since I didn’t have the tool. Fortunately I stayed close to home so I got it back in the garage before any damage, did get pretty warm and it would hold itself on slight uphill incline. Also, will meet to order a new set of seat belts. Mix and match didn’t work.

looks great!

So, why do the brake booster have to be adjusted by the end user if they have to be set the same with the same tool? Why don't they get set at manufacture time?

Manufacturing variances between individual boosters and master cylinders. If they were identical, the rod would not be adjustable.

forgot how much of a buck board ride this ute is, and I need to find a heavier duty throttle spring, it's way too light.

I took my driver's test in a Ford F150 and have been driving trucks on and off my entire life. My 75 has by far the stiffest suspension of them all.

1986 BJ70 shoulder belts and late 90’s 4Runner floor/seat belts

Well that's a rather eclectic combination. I was thinking more like, would 75 shoulder belts (male) clip into 79 floor pieces (female)?

Hmmm... I wonder if the BJ70 shoulder belts would fit in a 79 floor pieces

I couldn't find them in gray or I would let you know if they fit with the 75 shoulder belts.

Edit: After just looking I'm not sure I can find them in any color.

Last edited:
I couldn't find them in gray or I would let you know if they fit with the 75 shoulder belts.

Edit: After just looking I'm not sure I can find them in any color.

I bolted black 79 belts in a 1990. I did have to trim the pillar mount a little.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom