Aging my new bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crush 4

SILVER Star
Threads
Maybe a goofy question but I just put a nice shiny new HFS bumper on my patina 75 w a used 8574 and it doesnt look right. It looks to “new”!
Any ideas on how to age it so it matches the other parts?
4E069C84-FE2F-40AE-A734-9FDEC55432F8.jpeg

Looks good in the picture.
I guess you could dull the finish with some fine steel-wool.

matte black spray paint over it, or portions of it, and leave outside for a few weeks.

Fake aging? Really? Why? From the picture, your rig is clean, shiny inside and out and free of any dirt on the undercarriage even. Not like you are trying to cosmetically match it to a rig with decades of sitting in a field being abused and neglected. Just bolt it on and drive it. It will age just fine

Mark...

crazy idea, actually take the 40 out and use it how it was intended

Last edited:
Give it time

154B5253-D81C-42F6-B637-85A224FA44F9.jpeg

Easy. I'm assuming you are in Detroit. Wait for the next snow storm, find a salt truck and then tailgate it for 30 min or so. Might cost you a new windshield too though.

The winch and bumper look fine. It's your ugly old roller fairlead that has you questioning things. If I were you, I would pull off that old roller fairlead and unspool that old steel cable, install a nice new hawse fairlead and spool on some synthetic winch rope. That way everything will look nice and new and it will be safer and more functional than what you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom