Aftermarket Black Hex Grille Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:lol: I see not many OCD people here, I dremeled the area of the grill where the badge would sit to get it to sit flush with the grill and not stick out.

I'm sure Markuson's method took mere minutes compared to the hours I took centering, masking, grinding then using double tape and screws dipped in super glue to hold it all up.

20161106_155118.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
:lol: I see not many OCD people here, I dremeled the area of the grill where the badge would sit to get it to sit flush with the grill and not stick out.

I'm sure Markuson's method took mere minutes compared to the hours I took centering, masking, grinding then using double tape and screws dipped in super glue to hold it all up.

View attachment 1446282

Ya...but part of OCD is the propensity to want to adjust things...and zips leave the option to switch once most of my TOYOTA is blocked by lights, bull bar and winch doodads. Might one day switch to one of these...

My post is somewhere about how I did mine. Been a year and no regrets. Dremeled grill around logo oem style and used screws/doubled tape to hold it down. No issues.

IMG_7624.JPG

Since we've got many who've done this mod in this thread, just interested to know how many had the plastic tab of the grille that sits on top of the radiator snap... I think mine broke within the first three months the one I got seems like :poop: quality

View attachment 1446283 View attachment 1446284

Ya...but part of OCD is the propensity to want to adjust things...and zips leave the option to switch once most of my TOYOTA is blocked by lights, bull bar and winch doodads. Might one day switch to one of these...
I really, really, REALLY like that!

Definitely going to do the top one when I'm further down my mod list. Thanx for the inspiration.

I installed my mesh grill no problem, just deciding on how to mount either the larger toyota from cruiser parts or i also removed and painted the sombrero from my stock grill

besides taking a dremel to it, which i may do...

how did you overcome the curve in the grill for the larger yota badge
seems like no matter where i place it, it doesnt sit flush enough for me

I installed my mesh grill no problem, just deciding on how to mount either the larger toyota from cruiser parts or i also removed and painted the sombrero from my stock grill

besides taking a dremel to it, which i may do...

how did you overcome the curve in the grill for the larger yota badge
seems like no matter where i place it, it doesnt sit flush enough for me

Cut off the screw points on the back...then black zip-tie. If you're worried about how it might show, etc., have a look at mine again. It's virtually undetectable.

I just epoxied my Red TEQ badge up with the heads of bolts glued to the backside ..... think it'll be strong enough.

E

Zip ties for the win

IMG_1641.JPG

Okay, I joined the Black Grill club. Real easy mod. Since mine is a 2014 with the Radar on the front, I placed the Toyota a bit high to allow it to clear. Better pictures later when I get it out of the garage :D

In the 2nd picture under the "YO" you can see the Radar front face

Grill 1.JPG
Grill 2.JPG

The one I bought last October fits my 2011 even tho it's description was for 08-09 (my seller no longer has any remaining but here's the screenshot from eBay)

upload_2017-4-28_10-11-58.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom