Advice on whether I should buy a Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What the H*** route are you taking to get to Idaho in a truck that none of us trusts?? Be careful making "wrong turns" out there! There are miners and ranchers that won't welcome you. They'll throw your lifeless body down a shaft and not look back, just to avoid the hassle. This is the part of the world you go to when you want to "disappear".

Was a little high off fumes when I took the chaotic pic! The story is I took a wrong turn that added about an hour; realized too late, whoever said they were about to have a heart attack nows the time cause it gets worse. Couldn’t have been a more abandoned piece of highway, night had settled in, back window rolled all the way, freezing my ass of with no heater to prevent me from keeling over at the wheel. (The heater actually worked but blasted me with fumes so had to keep it off). I threw on an ushanka and I kept telling the rig to keep going and that I really relied on her now. But basically this 5 hour marathon gradually climbs higher and higher until we reach the base of behemoth summit. The cruiser starts lowering its speed and I kick it into third gear, I’m going 30 up these windy steep roads almost doubting that it could give out at any minute. It kept going, and I suspected we might be pretty high up but then saw the sign that I missed in the Grainy picture: “COOPER SUMMIT ELEVATION: 7800ft”. Holy s***!! I couldn’t believe it,even with my original eff up it just kept going, It lived its whole life at sea level and did that. I cruised down the summit to 6600 feet where I stayed last night. The tales and legends of the 60 are true and I was experiencing it right before me, An engine only partially overhauled 15 years ago and the original untouched carb and systems. I could barely move my frozen hands but couldn’t have been happier. More today, more marathons but will never forget that😅😃
You are a legend bro

My experience with exhaust coming in the driver's window was from a hole in the smog air rail. It's a pipe that runs on top of the motor and between the carb and the valve cover. My leaks were small holes in the smaller metal piping that comes off this pipe and run down to the cylinder head. If you put your hand around the other side of the carb you might feel exhaust blowing out of it. Try not to burn yourself though.

What the H*** route are you taking to get to Idaho in a truck that none of us trusts?? Be careful making "wrong turns" out there! There are miners and ranchers that won't welcome you. They'll throw your lifeless body down a shaft and not look back, just to avoid the hassle. This is the part of the world you go to when you want to "disappear".

What is this, Mexico? It looks like Mexico won't be in my future anymore based on recent reports, too bad, I liked those trips. And maybe The US is out now too if it gets dangerous.

3D11D4F1-2F7B-486D-88CC-AB98693A6555.jpeg

And the suspense is lifted —- Made it. She stopped accepting fuel, probably a venting issue?, started jerking about 20 miles out and Seth mentioned I take the fuel cap off. Pulled it off, Pressure release BOOM back in action with more power, took me all the way through the storm. It pulled it off. Much more ahead with this rig, it’s Perhaps The end of the beginning. With all the hiccups, needed maintenance, years and miles on it, Century pulled through like a true land cruiser. Now off to the mechanic tomorrow for a “few immediate fixes”😂

View attachment 2573948
And the suspense is lifted —- Made it. She stopped accepting fuel, probably a venting issue?, started jerking about 20 miles out and Seth mentioned I take the fuel cap off. Pulled it off, Pressure release BOOM back in action with more power, took me all the way through the storm. It pulled it off. Much more ahead with this rig, it’s Perhaps The end of the beginning. With all the hiccups, needed maintenance, years and miles on it, Century pulled through like a true land cruiser. Now off to the mechanic tomorrow for a “few immediate fixes”😂
Couldn’t and wouldn’t have done it without y’all, many thanks.
Beehanger

And just like that, a man and his truck have bonded. Well played.

Total noob here looking for advice on whether I should buy a land cruiser. I just wanted to hear what input people have especially regarding my background and limited experience with cars.
Yes.. !!!!
You should...
and drive it cc in the middle of winter...
It'll be an adventure....!!!!

Oh wait,.............✔️

60'$ all the way...!!

It was an interesting couple of days working the phones at the call in center
Did you take the opportunity to remind him that his factory warranty may have expired and it's time to renew?

Did you take the opportunity to remind him that his factory warranty may have expired and it's time to renew?
ha no...but i did get that scam call just yesterday.

ha no...but i did get that scam call just yesterday.
Got mine today. I pressed 1 to talk to a representative to see if they would renew the warranty on my '92 LC, but for some reason they just hung up. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: D@mn. MoaByte beat me to it.

Got mine today. I pressed 1 to talk to a representative to see if they would renew the warranty on my '92 LC, but for some reason they just hung up. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: D@mn. MoaByte beat me to it.
I just answer the call and put it on mute and speaker and let it go until it hangs up

Hello Dan, nice to meet you

PM me any time , evenings are best to reach out on my Shop Hot LINE , for brief chats ..........

till then just remember one important key point : :idea:

f70e2761e28cc9805f5306ccfe3cf2d7 - Copy - Copy.png

Hi all, getting exhaust fixed and smog eq pulled off this week at a local mechanic. $$$ but they know cruisers.

On another note, Headlights are pretty dim, they are two different brands too and theres moisture in one of em. Anyone recommendations on stock-brighter fj60 lights or what are people running that look stock? Heard there was also an upgrade kit not sure if these are stock or good but: Genuine Toyota OEM 81110-60P70 Koto Halogen Headlight Conversion Kit, Pair, FJ60 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Toyota-OEM-81110-60P70-Koto-Halogen-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-Pair-FJ60-/254484635820

Hi all, getting exhaust fixed and smog eq pulled off this week at a local mechanic. $$$ but they know cruisers.

On another note, Headlights are pretty dim, they are two different brands too and theres moisture in one of em. Anyone recommendations on stock-brighter fj60 lights or what are people running that look stock? Heard there was also an upgrade kit not sure if these are stock or good but: Genuine Toyota OEM 81110-60P70 Koto Halogen Headlight Conversion Kit, Pair, FJ60 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Toyota-OEM-81110-60P70-Koto-Halogen-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-Pair-FJ60-/254484635820

Or these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom