Builds A pig for Father's Day (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So speaking of chrome pig grills, I noticed that the ones he has for sale are black around the TOYOTA letters whereas mine is all chrome. Part numbers only show one chrome part number but I know Toyota changes parts sometimes over the years without changing the part number. I don't recall seeing a pig in the US with a chrome grill and black around the letters but maybe I haven't been paying attention. More a curiosity question than anything.

And @Pigeaten he definitely has chrome bumpers!

61E33AFF-F212-4BC4-9D2D-2A1B157323B8.jpeg

My chrome grill has black highlighting the letters but as I recall I got it from the other side of the planet new.

My chrome grill has black highlighting the letters but as I recall I got it from the other side of the planet new.
Maybe it was a regional thing.

Chrome on a Cruiser is blasphemy. The book of Cruiser even says -

“And the Landcruiser shall wear no chrome”
- I Pigs 2:12
I kinda like the bits of chrome on my pig. I guess you'll have to go with what, some 45 mirrors to avoid the chrome? :rolleyes:

I kinda like the bits of chrome on my pig. I guess you'll have to go with what, some 45 mirrors to avoid the chrome? :rolleyes:
Kidding buddy 😆
Factory chrome around the windshield, cargo windows and drip rail.

And no, designing and building a set of custom mirrors. Have never been a fan of the stockers.

Did have some chrome wheels on mine at one time until I had an epiphany of how wrong it was. After pulling them I had to go take a shower.

Kidding buddy 😆
Factory chrome around the windshield, cargo windows and drip rail.

And no, designing and building a set of custom mirrors. Have never been a fan of the stockers.

Did have some chrome wheels on mine at one time until I had an epiphany of how wrong it was. After pulling them I had to go take a shower.
Kind of like the raised white letters turned out? It's like we're suddenly back in 1976.

No chrome for me. There is only a handful of cars that I would accept chrome on and I think they are all from the 50s. Even my favorite tri-5 is a '57 150 because it has little chrome.

No chrome for me. There is only a handful of cars that I would accept chrome on and I think they are all from the 50s. Even my favorite tri-5 is a '57 150 because it has little chrome.
I wouldn't have questioned that for a minute. :D

Got back from Greece last night and picked up another shipment from Yemen this morning. Combination of 55 and 45 parts. Better pic above from Instagram. They aren’t as lazy as me!

50A9C64A-3B38-478B-A166-8642F4CEDF0A.jpeg

Drove the pig around Auburn a lot over Christmas and New Years but back in the desert for now. Starting to work with logistics companies to get my pickup and Troopy back home in the next few months. Crazy times in the shipping world at the moment.

Posted these photos in the 40/55 Forum but thought they were worth sharing here. If anyone thinks it doesn't rain in Saudi Arabia then look at the street in front of my house. We had a dust storm Friday evening followed by chocolate milk rain. Things then calmed down but thunderstorms started rolling through at 4am and didn't quit until Saturday afternoon.

0637A6FF-4D5C-4086-92D2-036900FED836.jpeg

31C8AADC-A5F8-4DD0-B1FF-D7BCEE12C949.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom