Events/Trails 9th Annual 100s in the Hills *SILVERTON COLORADO* July 24-29 2019 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanted to say again that if there is anyone that may be looking for a ride because they didn't make the registration, I can get a couple people in my truck. I will be traveling from Arkansas to HIH and back. Hop in with me to get there and hop in other trucks while you are there or whatever you want! Bring your clothes, tent and sleeping bag and have fun! I plan on hoping in with some of the guys to see what's it like to be a passenger for once this year!

There is talk of a ladies run!!!
How about ladies event shirts? My wife and daughter have been asking for fitted shirts with v-necks for years. Maybe just make it a pre-order only item. They haven't even bought the event shirts from the last couple of years because they don't like they way they fit.

There is talk of a ladies run!!!
Can they have male passengers? Paige is begging me to let her drive this year (she'll be 16 this summer). I think she can get some good time on the Clear Lake/Super Secret run(s). I guess after all the years of being in the back seat she's tired of me having all the fun.

I wanted to say again that if there is anyone that may be looking for a ride because they didn't make the registration, I can get a couple people in my truck. I will be traveling from Arkansas to HIH and back. Hop in with me to get there and hop in other trucks while you are there or whatever you want! Bring your clothes, tent and sleeping bag and have fun! I plan on hoping in with some of the guys to see what's it like to be a passenger for once this year!
That's why I let my dad do a few trails every year! It gives him some off-road practice, gives me a different perspective, and also frees up the hands for some camera use!

Plus I think he has a good time too ;)
Black Bear 33.jpg

Can they have male passengers? Paige is begging me to let her drive this year (she'll be 16 this summer). I think she can get some good time on the Clear Lake/Super Secret run(s). I guess after all the years of being in the back seat she's tired of me having all the fun.
Definitely able to have passengers.

If my wife goes on the ladies run, I will definitely not be riding passenger, unless you guys want to stop the caravan and listen to us yelling and screaming at each other!!!

Last year I was part of Stan’s group on Sunday and we ran Black Bear then had lunch in Telluride and went back to Silverton via Immogene. It was unplanned but awesome. I would really love to see that become an option on the schedule. Hint Hint @paflytyer @bluecruiser Hint Hint

That's become fairly standard for the Sunday run. Chris and I don't get to wheel together much at HIH. Sunday is our fun day. He'll lead a group somewhere and I'll lead my usual Sunday BB run and we'll meet up in Telluride for lunch with our groups. Often times, folks head for home after lunch and we merge the two groups together and head for Imogene (and sometimes something else as well) before going back to Silverton. It's a super long day and you'll have to listen to Chris and I chatter on the radio all afternoon, but it's a great time.

Unless you or your passengers have a true fear of exposure, I encourage everyone to run Black Bear Pass. It's not a difficult trail but the feeling of accomplishment when you roll into Telluride is pretty special. Except for Poughkeepsie, a totally stock 100 can do every trail that we offer at HIH.

If my wife goes on the ladies run, I will definitely not be riding passenger, unless you guys want to stop the caravan and listen to us yelling and screaming at each other!!!

My wife drove Clear Lake last year as her first time driving on ANY trail ever! I was super surprised at how well I took it! Maybe I was cool because HIH is my happy place in life.

That's become fairly standard for the Sunday run. Chris and I don't get to wheel together much at HIH. Sunday is our fun day. He'll lead a group somewhere and I'll lead my usual Sunday BB run and we'll meet up in Telluride for lunch with our groups. Often times, folks head for home after lunch and we merge the two groups together and head for Imogene (and sometimes something else as well) before going back to Silverton. It's a super long day and you'll have to listen to Chris and I chatter on the radio all afternoon, but it's a great time.

I had an awesome time on that Sunday run last year. Looking forward to capping my trip with that one again this year.

Unless you or your passengers have a true fear of exposure, I encourage everyone to run Black Bear Pass. It's not a difficult trail but the feeling of accomplishment when you roll into Telluride is pretty special. Except for Poughkeepsie, a totally stock 100 can do every trail that we offer at HIH.

Also...this is this run that when the Thorne family is on it you will see a bear.

My wife drove Clear Lake last year as her first time driving on ANY trail ever! I was super surprised at how well I took it! Maybe I was cool because HIH is my happy place in life.

Just because I want to brag... Jessie drove Ophir last year just because she wanted to :)
1DC76BF3-E765-4FF4-AEDA-1C0079879D36.jpeg
E0E50A30-BAC5-4398-8A9C-E51479367EEB.jpeg

Black bear is a must. Plenty of spotters should calm your nerves you cannot beat the experience.

9AA3649D-D919-4B2D-ABC7-EB0B8C7E2DDE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom