Events/Trails 9th Annual 100s in the Hills *SILVERTON COLORADO* July 24-29 2019 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last year I was part of Stan’s group on Sunday and we ran Black Bear then had lunch in Telluride and went back to Silverton via Immogene. It was unplanned but awesome. I would really love to see that on the schedule. Hint Hint @paflytyer @bluecruiser Hint Hint
Couple months away from a schedule/trail selection. Everyone will be notified when that is all live and ready for participants to get into. thx

Just watch videos of the trails. Black Bear looks like a little unsettling on the "steps" because of the view. For the group runs are there people who know the lines to spot you through the steps and the first couple switch backs?

Last edited:
Just watch videos of the trails. Black Bear looks like a little unsettling on the "steps" because of the view. For the group runs are their people who know the lines to spot you through the steps and the first couple switch backs?

Yes. The guides are all super knowledgeable and the guys that lead the more difficult trails know every spot you’ll feel off balance or where and how far you’ll slide, etc. As a first timer on Black Bear last year I was pretty intimidated, but the guides and spotters made me feel safe and made it an easy descent. You’re in very, very good hands on the trail with HiH guides.

Edit: HiH is the best place to do some of these trails as you’ll likely never have as much experience with you on the trail as you will at HiH.

Last edited:
Just watch videos of the trails. Black Bear looks like a little unsettling on the "steps" because of the view. For the group runs are there people who know the lines to spot you through the steps and the first couple switch backs?

Fear not, if you have concerns the spotters will help you immensely. That being said the videos do it absolutely no justice when you star coming down toward the steps. It’s breathtaking, a little scary, but unforgettable.

B195F45E-58D0-4646-B4AF-A85AE8470007.jpeg

Hell, on the Black Bear run they help with everything from spotting lines to @bluecruiser personally delivering fuel when you run out on the trail.

To any new people, keep calm and carry on! The only item I would note is to read the trail descriptions. There are a few trails that can be more prone to causing damage to stock trucks. Mainly the bumpers and undercarriage. Other than that, just prepare for a good time.

Fear not, if you have concerns the spotters will help you immensely. That being said the videos do it absolutely no justice when you star coming down toward the steps. It’s breathtaking, a little scary, but unforgettable.

View attachment 1926073
I remember coming down the steps during FJ Summit X a few years ago. That was super scary for me (I was 12 haha). I'm so exited to get back out there when I graduate in 2022 and wheel with all you guys!

At the end of this video is a pretty good example of being able to pick different lines. @aaronrules decided to choose a somewhat “radical” line here when there was clearly other options, but hey, he is the coolest guy I know ;)

That was a fun ride that day! I was solo that day and will be solo this whole trip...I am going to break something this year!!!

At the end of this video is a pretty good example of being able to pick different lines. @aaronrules decided to choose a somewhat “radical” line here when there was clearly other options, but hey, he is the coolest guy I know ;)

By the way, other than bigger tires and sliders, my truck was totally stock WITH AHC taking all those crazy lines last year!

Last year I was part of Stan’s group on Sunday and we ran Black Bear then had lunch in Telluride and went back to Silverton via Immogene. It was unplanned but awesome. I would really love to see that become an option on the schedule. Hint Hint @paflytyer @bluecruiser Hint Hint

This is must for me every year! And if the Thorne family is on this run...you will see a bear!!! Guaranteed!

View attachment 1925347

Kinda cool to see the geographical distribution of the HIH9 participants. Dang, some of you guys drive a LONG way!! We think that’s pretty awesome. thx

Is this based on our address or based on where we were when we signed up? I’m from Dallas but happened to be in Charleston SC when signing up.

Regardless really cool to see the reach of this event. To think all our cruisers come from all those places and meet up is really cool.

Is this based on our address or based on where we were when we signed up? I’m from Dallas but happened to be in Charleston SC when signing up.

Regardless really cool to see the reach of this event. To think all our cruisers come from all those places and meet up is really cool.
I bet that’s it. I couldn’t find myself on the map but I was in Atlanta when I registered.

I actually do not know, just saw it on our Eventbrite back end.....haha...but now that you say it, it must be pulling IP info. Nice catch.

Stan and Chris, I just want to say thank you for the opportunity to return to this event again. It's been a while since HIH6 and my family and I are beyond excited. I'm writing this as I look outside at a blizzard and imagining reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones down in a sunny and dry Sliverton.

Cheers

Here's a bonus pic from our Colorado caravan down in 2016.

IMG_0670.JPG

Stan and Chris, I just want to say thank you for the opportunity to return to this event again. It's been a while since HIH6 and my family and I are beyond excited. I'm writing this as I look outside at a blizzard and imagining reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones down in a sunny and dry Sliverton.

Cheers

Here's a bonus pic from our Colorado caravan down in 2016.

View attachment 1926521
Glad you are making it back!! Sweet photo. I’m stealing for Instagram, okay???

I just want to take a pic of my truck on that cliff at Imogene
That would be "poser rock". I missed it first time wheelin Imogene in my 40,
I just purchased a hundy so i,'m new to the 100 world.

Gabriel

I am just over here waiting for people to cancel! ;) I want you all to go but I also want to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom