80 series Slinky/ICON Long Travel Suspension officially coming to the U.S.A. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anybody have a good contact about slinky parts/Icon kits? I emailed 4XOUSA a while back and got a response immediately but after asking a few more simple questions about parts availability and a few more attempts to contact them, never heard back. Their US vendor Mill Creek never responded either. Anybody know what’s going on or who to contact instead?

Update (5/11/2020): I was able to get a hold of Mill Creek a while back and got the parts I needed. Great people to do business with! Give them a call and I’m sure they’ll take care of you!

Last edited:
Anybody have a good contact about slinky parts/Icon kits? I emailed 4XOUSA a while back and got a response immediately but after asking a few more simple questions about parts availability and a few more attempts to contact them, never heard back. Their US vendor Mill Creek never responded either. Anybody know what’s going on or who to contact instead?
Call MillCreek instead of email. They picked up right away, answered questions and got my parts out same day.

Like Lumpskie said, Phone call to Mill Creek is going to be the most effective.
I don't think the general email is one that is monitored constantly every day but they are great to answer the phone. This is the case with most shops actually. I hear a lot of people complain that they can't get a response from some shop but they haven't tried actually calling on the phone. Maybe I'm weird but I'd rather talk to a person anyway if possible, rather than just send an email or social media message.

You getting some UCAs for the 470? They're on sale right now from Mill Creek.

Yep, received my sway bar from them (Mill Creek) last week in 2 business days. They answered the phone immediately and Erin got me hooked up. Nice to finally run in to a vendor on the east coast ! @Box Rocket - Appreciate your thread among others. Convinced me to just go ahead with the heavy duty sway bar before even driving the truck with the 3" Slinky kit.

Jason

Like Lumpskie said, Phone call to Mill Creek is going to be the most effective.
I don't think the general email is one that is monitored constantly every day but they are great to answer the phone. This is the case with most shops actually. I hear a lot of people complain that they can't get a response from some shop but they haven't tried actually calling on the phone. Maybe I'm weird but I'd rather talk to a person anyway if possible, rather than just send an email or social media message.

You getting some UCAs for the 470? They're on sale right now from Mill Creek.
I've had the entire kit installed on my car since the summer. Was actually going to inquire about a rebuild kit for the front UCAs, "just in case". Thanks for the info!

Yep, received my sway bar from them (Mill Creek) last week in 2 business days. They answered the phone immediately and Erin got me hooked up. Nice to finally run in to a vendor on the east coast ! @Box Rocket - Appreciate your thread among others. Convinced me to just go ahead with the heavy duty sway bar before even driving the truck with the 3" Slinky kit.

Jason
Nice. How do you like it with the HD swaybar?

Nice. How do you like it with the HD swaybar?

I'll have to let you know after I do a couple more things, like get the engine back in it, and put all the front end sheet metal back on.... I'm asking @LandCruiserPhil if the heavy duty rear links are available. I have the strap mount / ball joint style and think I would like to upgrade, while I'm in there.

Jason

Update (5/11/2020): I was able to get a hold of Mill Creek a while back and got the parts I needed. Great people to do business with! Give them a call and I’m sure they’ll take care of you!

@Box Rocket do you have a part number for those 1 inch longer rear bump stops or a link to purchase. Finally getting back around to working on my truck after I rolled her and wanted to start wmworking on the suspension. I was prob one of the first few to the the slinky back in the day via redline cruiser here in Colorado. I Def got a driverside lean working as well. Tia

@Box Rocket do you have a part number for those 1 inch longer rear bump stops or a link to purchase. Finally getting back around to working on my truck after I rolled her and wanted to start wmworking on the suspension. I was prob one of the first few to the the slinky back in the day via redline cruiser here in Colorado. I Def got a driverside lean working as well. Tia
I don’t have a part number since they came with the kit but Mill Creek Overland should have some. They are OEM 79 series frame mounted bumps if I’m not mistaken. I do have pair I’m no longer using if you want them.

I don’t have a part number since they came with the kit but Mill Creek Overland should have some. They are OEM 79 series frame mounted bumps if I’m not mistaken. I do have pair I’m no longer using if you want them.

On the topic of bump stops and the Slinky kit... The kit comes with the 79 bump stops mentioned above for the rear, is anyone doing anything with front bump stops ? No changes needed or ?

Thanks,

Jason

On the topic of bump stops and the Slinky kit... The kit comes with the 79 bump stops mentioned above for the rear, is anyone doing anything with front bump stops ? No changes needed or ?

Thanks,

Jason
If you’re running 35’s or smaller tires then no change is needed to the front bumpstops. That’s not just my opinion but the instruction I was given by Darren (Slinky brand owner) when doing the install. I ran that way for 2+ years without issue until doing 37’s last year.
Now with 37’s some change in the front is needed. Again I was told by Darren that moving the 79 series bumpstops from the rear to the front (or getting a second set for the front) and adding 1 more inch to the rear bumpstops should work for 37’s.
That’s probably true but would require a bit more trimming for fenders to fit well. I ended up getting some Timbren AO bumpstops and modified them as needed to fit the 37’s with minimal trimming and trying to maintainthe full 12” of travel. The front Timbrens ended up working without modification. The rear Timbrens came with a large tower that mounts to the frame. It was too long for what was needed and I removed roughly 2.5” from the tower. In the end the rear bumpstop ended up roughly 1.5” more than what I had with the 79 series bumpstops.

Anyone hear from the Slinky folks at 4XOUSA or Mill Creek Automotive? Been trying to order up suspension, but am only hearing crickets.
No returned phone calls or emails. Might still be closed due to COVID.

@KingsMtn

I believe @Bludozer ordered earlier this week with success. I’d call mill creek over email. Or drop @Mrsjynx a message here in mud maybe.

@KingsMtn

I believe @Bludozer ordered earlier this week with success. I’d call mill creek over email. Or drop @Mrsjynx a message here in mud maybe.
I've called Mill Creek multiple times and left messages. I'll try @Mrsjynx. Thanks
Yep. Ordered rear slinky springs just a few days ago from Mill Creek. They were super easy to work with and shipped almost instantly, but I'm sure they are a bit overrun now being the only ones in the US offering slinky products for the 80.

Yep. Ordered rear slinky springs just a few days ago from Mill Creek. They were super easy to work with and shipped almost instantly, but I'm sure they are a bit overrun now being the only ones in the US offering slinky products for the 80.
Thanks for the heads up. What phone number did you use?
I've been using (615)283-3454 to contact Mill Creek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom