80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

90% of the prototype parts are in the process of being cut and bent. I expect to receive them later next week. I have a few more ideas and odds and ends I’m revising/trying to source, but other than that, things are moving well.

Any chance of a dual swing out kit being sold?

Yes that will be an option. Kits will be available for both sides with some modularity. I haven’t had time to develop any additional components to mount things to a second swing out of running duals, but I have some ideas.

Yes that will be an option. Kits will be available for both sides with some modularity. I haven’t had time to develop any additional components to mount things to a second swing out of running duals, but I have some ideas.
awesome! I'm planning on buying a dual swing out kit when it becomes available, planning on mounting a diesel heater in a pelican case to the passenger side swingout. waiting eagerly for the release!

Factory Bumper Swing Out Build

It starts with a 1/4" plate that welds to the frame to help distribute the force of the swing out onto a larger footprint. Then a 3/16" 2x4" rectangle tube beaches off that flat plate and welds to the spindle sleeve.

It's extremely stout, and I've jumped up and down on the swing out arm while it was extended (albeit without the tire on) and there was no flex in the system.

Thanks for your interest and let me know if you have any more questions.

Garrett
Garrett

Do you still make kits

I see you’ve previously mentioned you’re trying to keep V3 light as you can. Any guesstimate on an approximate weight?

I’ll be about as precise as Toyota has been as of now with new 250 pricing being in the mid 50k range but divide that by 50

Here’s where I got to yesterday welding up parts until I ran out of wire on the backside of the wheel mounting plate
IMG_4175.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll be about as precise as Toyota has been as of now with new 250 pricing being in the mid 50k range but divide that by 1000

Here’s where I got to yesterday welding up parts until I ran out of wire on the backside of the wheel mounting plate
View attachment 3486114
Dude that’s so sick! I’m about to be living full time out of my 80 come end of winter and I’ve been doing my best to keep the weight as light as possible. Currently working on a DIY poptop roof, your swingout kit will be an awesome addition. Great work!

I’ll be about as precise as Toyota has been as of now with new 250 pricing being in the mid 50k range but divide that by 1000

View attachment 3486114

Y'know I'm still down for one of these 💯

Hi i am looking for my 1997 RHD Japan import toyota landcrusier 80 Series rear swing out spare wheel carrier for a 35inch wheel fitting to the original bumper. i have attached a photo of my landcrusier.

EBC10DCC-3034-46CE-BCE8-94B9184677C5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom