80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any update on these?

I decided to run another prototype version and tweaked just about every part’s design in one way or another. I’m having a cruiser dropped off next weekend or the following to finish it up!

@SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr any idea when your next version would be ready? I'm interested in a kit for my 80!

Plans ended up not working out for the cruiser to be dropped off for me to fit up the newest version. That’s happening next week in addition to installation drawings. I’m also working through new logo design and branding for my new LLC as well as an e-commerce website to make ordering much smoother for everyone.

TLDR: If everything works out according to plan, aiming for this summer.

Plans ended up not working out for the cruiser to be dropped off for me to fit up the newest version. That’s happening next week in addition to installation drawings. I’m also working through new logo design and branding for my new LLC as well as an e-commerce website to make ordering much smoother for everyone.

Do what you need to do...thanks for the update!

It's worth the wait ;)

Any pics of the new version?

Any pics of the new version?

Not until I get it test fit, but it’s visually nearly identical. I altered some aspects slightly for better fitment and end use + another feature. I also changed a weld seam location on the arm and made some tweaks to the assembly process in order to speed up production and ensure dimensional accuracy and consistency on a couple components.

Here’s where I am as of now today. The latest version has gone well overall. I think I have identified the last handful of slight tweaks and adjustments to make, but I’m finally starting to really like how everything is looking and fitting together. The last bit of hardware comes in Monday, and I’ll be able to mount up the gas strut and a few other minor accessories. Then I can get it on the road for further testing!

I’ve also got a question for everyone: the yellow zinc coated bolts/hardware sure do look nice and are certainly up to the task, but from a corrosion standpoint, zinc flake is a superior coating. I’ve tried to use it exclusively on this swing out, but aesthetically it kind of falls short. I know it’s not a major detail, but I keep going back and forth. What would y’all prefer? Maybe I offer two hardware sets, the yellow zinc coated as a default and a more corrosion resistant HD hardware pack if people in the northern states etc prefer that?

(Note: not all spec’d hardware is shown in the below pics)
IMG_6081.jpeg

IMG_6082.jpeg

1 vote for the Yellow Zinc set.

I would order in that format, matches my champagne 80, looks awesome on the test rig you have, same as in your top pic.

Thanks for the pictures, looks awesome, great work, can’t wait to order.

This looks great.
Regarding the bits and bobs...I'd personally prefer non-corrosive...I live in the PNW; my rig is Onyx Black in color.

Can this swing out be mounted on the Passenger Side?

This looks great.
Regarding the bits and bobs...I'd personally prefer non-corrosive...I live in the PNW; my rig is Onyx Black in color.

Can this swing out be mounted on the Passenger Side?

I will have both passenger side and driver side options available and with the upper section being bolt on, it will be easy to add accessories or swap things around if you are running dual swing outs.

Being out here in Okinawa where there is nowhere to hide from the corrosive sea air, I would much rather have hardware that can better delay the inevitably of corrosion. The gold zinc does look really good, but it lasts about a year or two in my area before the corrosion over takes the looks.

Here’s where I am as of now today. The latest version has gone well overall. I think I have identified the last handful of slight tweaks and adjustments to make, but I’m finally starting to really like how everything is looking and fitting together. The last bit of hardware comes in Monday, and I’ll be able to mount up the gas strut and a few other minor accessories. Then I can get it on the road for further testing!

I’ve also got a question for everyone: the yellow zinc coated bolts/hardware sure do look nice and are certainly up to the task, but from a corrosion standpoint, zinc flake is a superior coating. I’ve tried to use it exclusively on this swing out, but aesthetically it kind of falls short. I know it’s not a major detail, but I keep going back and forth. What would y’all prefer? Maybe I offer two hardware sets, the yellow zinc coated as a default and a more corrosion resistant HD hardware pack if people in the northern states etc prefer that?

(Note: not all spec’d hardware is shown in the below pics)
View attachment 3600542

View attachment 3600543
These are coming out awesome!!!!

Do have a few questions

What do you think approximate price point will be looking like?

Also, planning on moving west in mid June for work. Would love to have a kit on the truck by then as I’ll be living out of the rig full time by then. Any chances that would be possible?

These are coming out awesome!!!!

Do have a few questions

What do you think approximate price point will be looking like?

Also, planning on moving west in mid June for work. Would love to have a kit on the truck by then as I’ll be living out of the rig full time by then. Any chances that would be possible?
Unless @SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr has changed anything, Page 12 of this thread, Post #235 has that answer.
But...that was a while ago, so he might have new pricing in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom