74 PA PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got a '66 Coupe, 289, 3-speed manual that my parents bought new. It's on my list to get it restored.

Envious towards anyone who had the forethought to keep a vehicle for so many years after purchased new. I'm sure so many stories and so much history.

I grew up with mustangs. My mom had a black 66 convertible and my dad had a canary yellow 65. At one time my dad worked at a place called the The Mustang Factory and all they did was mustangs and sometimes cougars. My brothers first car was a 65 GT. I remember being real young and knowing every difference in model years from 64.5 to 71 and every horsepower rating available.

High school friend had a brand new '65 fastback with the hipo 271 hp motor. I'd love to have that one. Or either of the '62 and '63 FI Corvettes the grandmother of another high school friend bought for him in successive years. '63 was a split window.

Haven't had many "do overs" on this project. This may have to happen, repaint.

Bought the Pewter paint from CCOT to paint the bumpers, grill and vents. Knew right away coming out of the gun that it didn't look right? Guess we were hoping it would dry a different color. I know what the bumpers on my other vehicles looks like and this ain't it! I've seen the Pewter with a gold hue, this just looks like gold. Not sure what happened?

Mounted everything thinking it may grow on me? The gold doesn't look bad with the brown but it doesn't look like a Land Cruiser. I think we have to start over.

Anyone else experience this?

704.jpg

703.jpg

701.jpg

702.jpg

As you said, doesn’t look bad with the dark brown but it ain’t Ash Grey Metallic. Might be able to get the Toyota code later this week. I had it mixed from the code at a local automotive paint store.

I'm not digging it too much. Maybe try again with the other color on one piece, like a vent and look at the difference.

Agreed. Can't convince myself that it looks good. Will repaint.

Comparison side by side. Bad gold vs good silver

Still not sure what happened? Don't remember when I bought the CCOT Pewter mix? It wasn't that long ago. Can the paint go bad? It wasn't frozen. Was in a climate controlled room.

Thanks for pushing me and your honest evaluation that it looked like sh*t. 😂

704.jpg

711.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom