73 FJ40 Refresh (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using a 4 spd TC, one piece. Pretty sure it had the PTO gear in it. Yes, that is a 3fe MAF sensor, for this 3FE

1711064120672.jpeg

1711064167267.jpeg

Wow that looks like a fine winch! If you really go the PTO eventually I am likely interested in the 8274.
If @60 40 doesn’t take it, holler at me.

great, thanks for the info. I plan on adding the 3FE exhaust headers to my F.5 and I am following your thread earnestly. I also like the muffler you picked as it appeared stockish. I have a spare 2F engine I will use to mockup my manifolds to create a 2 to 1 pipe. I think I am going slightly larger that 2" once the pipes are combined to 2.25" back to the muffler. This means I need to find a 5" round 2.25 inlet muffler.
thanks again for sharing, this is a wealth of knowledge.

Got home with the winches. Good timing all around. Georg is taking care of the TC PTO gear and I need to modify the left side radiator frame mount to hold the pillow block.

View attachment 3589962

Interesting it does not have the two ears hanging down of the left radiator bracket. Only mod I found on the FJ40 that needed something other bolt on was the hole in the tunnel and fixed nuts for lock for the shifter.

I take it your transfer case didn't have the PTO gear? On the tunnel cover I figured would use the center of the opening for the PTO raised lip on the four speed floor mat and a starting point unless someone with a four speed and factory installed PTO can measure the exact location.

The TC did not have the PTO gear, thank you for bringing that up. Georg @orangefj45 is adding one as he builds my 4 speed.
Your combo is 90% finished. I should get it wrapped up tomorrow and then headed your way!

Happy to help.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

IMG_3479.jpeg

Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to work on your cruiser project with you!!!!

Please let us know how the combo works out for you and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any other parts or tech support for your cruiser!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

I made a little progress this week. Very busy at work too.

I de-rusted this in the bucket a few days then painted it up. You can see where the PO cut the PTO bearing tabs off the old one.

20240419_144210.jpg

It is pretty tight to work in there. It about killed my Dremel. I used some 3/8 button head bolts to attach it to the frame.

20240419_151825.jpg

I also put in the radiator that I had re-cored a few months ago. It is the wider factory AC one.

20240419_161704.jpg

Installed AC Condenser

20240419_165100.jpg

Started on these today, lots of soaking in penetrant oil. Once I got the drive plate loose, I cut up the u-joints with a cut off wheel. I think I'm going to give them a coat of por 15.

20240420_150741.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom