69 fj55 rebuild (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have PM’ed and will get together when I’m back in town. I had peabody’s (local company) spray inside of mine with coating they use on chemical plants. Bomb proof and can top coat

Here's one to start with.....

Here's another......

Here's one to start with.....
iu

:popcorn:

Absolutely start with Scrapdaddy's thread for inspiration. If you are not swimming through gold coins like Scrooge McDuck and have a wife that follows the finances come take a look at my thread. The dollar menu of Pig builds.

scrooge-mcduck.gif

So Y change?‽??
Because looks aren't everything. I went over the Y in the other thread.

To sum it up:
I don't need a lifted truck for what I use it for. What I need is a truck that my wife and dog can both get in unassisted, yet is decent off road. Plus I also dig the original vintage look.

Thus my comment earlier in this thread, that if the PO already has a straight original FJ55, he obviously needs a lifted one.

Rear window motor => try BTB products…I saw one sitting on a table in their boneyard a few weeks ago. If not then Classic Cruisers.

Vent window seals are impossible. SLOCruisers makes them but they have been out of stock. I removed mine carefully then soaked in a bag of rubber/vinyl conditioner for three months plus changing the fluid every month. Made them pliable enough to put back in.

I had my dashboard completely redone at Just Dashes in CA. $750 and 4-5 months. It looks fantastic. Highly recommend their service. Mine was cracked so bad I didn’t think it was fixable but it was.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for info on motor. They are getting harder and harder to find.
wow how do you take out the window without hurting the seal is amazing. Maybe I should just leave in until they are available again.? I emailed slo and they told me it could be a while last batch made had air bubbles. They need to redo the casting. who know how long that will take.
I was just about to send me dash to Just Dashes. Thats good to hear they do good work. Can you send a pick of what it looks like? did you have globe box part redone also?

If you don’t have to pull the vents out then I would leave them. They are somewhat of a wrestle to get in and out.

Attached is a picture of the finished dash fresh out of the box before I installed it.

They can do other parts but I just bought the SOR gauge cluster and glove box reproductions. They can do the center piece too. I ended up not using the glove box repro I bought as it was too thick for the vintage air unit tucked up close to the dash. I could have lowered the AC unit but didn’t want to redo it all. I would give you a deal if you wanted to buy the SOR glove box cover from me.

D9516520-CF5F-4DDD-974C-D1BC1A4EBD89.jpeg

If you don’t have to pull the vents out then I would leave them. They are somewhat of a wrestle to get in and out.

Attached is a picture of the finished dash fresh out of the box before I installed it.

They can do other parts but I just bought the SOR gauge cluster and glove box reproductions. They can do the center piece too. I ended up not using the glove box repro I bought as it was too thick for the vintage air unit tucked up close to the dash. I could have lowered the AC unit but didn’t want to redo it all. I would give you a deal if you wanted to buy the SOR glove box cover from me.

View attachment 2950953
Can you post a photo of the SOR glovebox reproduction? In looking at their website it appears they sell a reproduction glovebox pad and also a reproduction glovebox door? Don't see any photos though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom