Builds 60 Frankenstein Build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see 80 series frame and 35s for next year......
Ha...I do have a locked 80 frame and axles earmarked for another build down the road. Definitely doing this at some point. I do have a 60 frame already fitted with the 80 front suspension thanks to Bryan Dyer. He does great work on these and I picked up one of his converted 60 frames. Options!!!

Ha...I do have a locked 80 frame and axles earmarked for another build down the road. Definitely doing this at some point. I do have a 60 frame already fitted with the 80 front suspension thanks to Bryan Dyer. He does great work on these and I picked up one of his converted 60 frames. Options!!!

STOP Before long you'll be striping it down to repaint it red and then you won't be able to tell you and McGuire's 60's apart :lol:

Fawk! Need more deets on that!

Fawk! Need more deets on that!
Yep Dave, you’re already running the rear axle so you’re half way there. Look up @bdyer12 87 build and you’ll see his work. Really cool stuff.

Yep Dave, you’re already running the rear axle so you’re half way there. Look up @bdyer12 87 build and you’ll see his work. Really cool stuff.

Yah, i’m Looking forward to checking out all the 80 front suspension set-ups next week.

I think 2 rigs will be at SAS3

I hope to do that down the road at some point.

Nice work on the rear bumper! Looking forward to seeing it.

Picked up a JDM 61 with tan interior and the PO put in Grey Recaro seats and what looks like a 70 series steering wheel. Since I already had a correct wheel and turbo (suspension) seats, I swapped these two items into my blue 60. My only complaint about driving it to CO every summer are the uncomfortable stock seats. No more :)
D42343D7-C1F8-49A7-9366-C181B9B20198.jpeg
3413356F-6EBE-4251-94EE-B6AF5D248C80.jpeg

I’ve got a lot of things going on between now and SAS 4, but I hope to upgrade my truck with 80 locked axles. Will integrate the 80 front suspension and keep the rear leaf. Will help the road manners and give me the solid braking I’m missing. Gonna do a quick build on a silver 86 FJ60 (to sell) and help @fl4031003 Monroy paint his build. Somewhere in there I’ll try to get the axle conversion done on my rig.

Frankenstein on steroids. The Copenhagen is turning dem wheels ay?

You can do that steering wheel look with the 62 wheel and use a 70 series horn button/cusion too. @bdyer12 just did that in tan in his 60 too. I bought a wheel for Chunk but not sure it will be nice enough to use. Hoping to go the same route.
Love the Recaros too

I looked at your truck at roundup, but I had no idea about the whole story.

Very nice.
Thank you Alex. It’s been a great learning experience for sure.

So I have a punch list to nail down prior to SAS5. Harvested some stored pieces off a cruiser in the back 40 that Ive been storing for a rainy day. And it’s raining today so it makes complete sense :). Also put some new old shoes on the truck. My son had a set of 35’s on his when you could still get them new. Always liked these and a set of 5 plus some steelies popped up 90 min from my house the other week. Gonna freshen up the axles and swap them out. Hope to get some custom cables made. I have the OEM ones but they require a bit more surgery on the floor. Would rather not do that if I can avoid it. Also built this trailer recycling the bed from my 45 since I got a re-pop out of Columbia thanks to my good friend @CaptClose
Still a bit more tweaking to do there. I’m sticking to my day job and this cruiser/trailer until the Summit. No more side jobs til septemberish.

3A595443-0CB7-4359-8C95-7FA8ECCD7B51.jpeg

45B65C57-BF9D-481C-B1D1-2ADE9C48FD6F.jpeg

E66E48FB-033F-4209-8E7B-27D0678AD67C.jpeg

89513D9B-5E05-4E82-A8CD-CD43B00B101B.jpeg

C96F2846-718F-454A-B9E0-612D2D43EF8E.jpeg

So I have a punch list to nail down prior to SAS5. Harvested some stored pieces off a cruiser in the back 40 that Ive been storing for a rainy day. And it’s raining today so it makes complete sense :). Also put some new old shoes on the truck. My son had a set of 35’s on his when you could still get them new. Always liked these and a set of 5 plus some steelies popped up 90 min from my house the other week. Gonna freshen up the axles and swap them out. Hope to get some custom cables made. I have the OEM ones but they require a bit more surgery on the floor. Would rather not do that if I can avoid it. Also built this trailer recycling the bed from my 45 since I got a re-pop out of Columbia thanks to my good friend @CaptClose
Still a bit more tweaking to do there. I’m sticking to my day job and this cruiser/trailer until the Summit. No more side jobs til septemberish.

View attachment 2690588

View attachment 2690589

View attachment 2690590

View attachment 2690595

View attachment 2690598
So talking with @roma042987 earlier today he let me know about The rear shock tower mounts being bigger on the locked trucks. This is to ensure the shock clears the actuator. At that point in the conversation I started to panic wondering what I did with them when I demoed the 61 these axles came off of. Found them in the third tote I searched through. Notice how much bigger they are vs the semi-float version.
48F4CC4C-3FF0-45E8-BA0C-0C3EFE19F0AC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom