Builds 6.0 Vortec LQ9 - FJ60 Engine Swap - Old Blue's Heart Transplant (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a guess but one set is normally closed and the other normally open?

Yeah guess both actually do have continuity depending on whether brake is on or off. They alternate.

Last edited:
Trying to find everything I want out of a exhaust without blowing serious coin is like trying to find a unicorn at the end of a rainbow with a pot of gold. But Made a decision. It wasnt easy. Its kinda like 31 flavors. Ya wanna sample every flavor.

Running the stock 2 1/2” pipes out of the cats to a 3” y-pipe, into a borla XR-1 muffler and 3” single pipe out to the stock FJ location or nearish. Magnaflow 3” tip.

We’ll see if the gamble pays off. Should sound pretty mean. Hopefully it doesnt drone too much. But ask 2 people with any agressive muffler and one will say no drone, other will say drone. So just gonna roll the dice and take my chances.

4199CE67-5F39-4329-97AB-1FC9153A36C3.jpeg

Get a sound byte up once its all done.

Last edited:
I recall there (might be) a difference in the brake light switches of GM truck vs Toyota land cruiser. Surely some of the people with the 5.3 and GM auto transmission have encountered this same thing.... I thought you ran one switch excluslivley for the brakes (stock setup) and then added the other switch to deal with the GM "torque converter clutch"? I never paid too much attention to the details on that since I was crazy and have a manual transmission. Have you asked Cam about this since his setup is basically a twin to yours for the most part?

I recall there (might be) a difference in the brake light switches of GM truck vs Toyota land cruiser. Surely some of the people with the 5.3 and GM auto transmission have encountered this same thing.... I thought you ran one switch excluslivley for the brakes (stock setup) and then added the other switch to deal with the GM "torque converter clutch"? I never paid too much attention to the details on that since I was crazy and have a manual transmission. Have you asked Cam about this since his setup is basically a twin to yours for the most part?

Yeah you are correct. You have the one switch for the two stock yota wires (brakes) and other switch is for torque converter. Im guessing the torque converter switch is fine as it has its own power. But just unsure on the brake side. Something is wrong. I dont think its the switch itself. I think its something electrical. Bad ground, maybe a relay - just dont know what is causing it. Electrical gremlins I guess. I figure there should be power of some sort on one of the two stock yota wires to make the switch work. I have no power on either. Which is why I was wondering if I could jump the hot off the torque switch to the brake switch terminal.

Yeah have spoken with Cam. Everything should be wired correctly as it sits but still no brakes, tail, or side markers in the rear.

^ the Toyota brake switch is a ground, I believe. Adding power would be bad.

There has to be a wire loose somewhere.

The taillights aren’t coming on with the headlights, if that’s a clue for anyone.

Congrats! Hows it drive, sound, etc?

Congrats! Hows it drive, sound, etc?

Thanks. Runs awesome. Plenty of power. Feels a lot more solid than the chasis it sits on. Haha. Definetly sounds healthy. Not to loud at idle, but barks when ya get on it.

I did pop a damn code though. P0171. Which equates to runnig lean on fuel bank 1. So either too much air (sucking air from somewhere) or not enough fuel (clogged fuel filter, faulty regulator). Anyways i’ll have to track down whatever is causing it.

But what a difference from the old 2F. Night and day. :grinpimp:

Burnouts!burnouts!burnouts! Lol

Burnouts are in order. Puttin a order in for a new axel afterwards - not so much. Haha. Hard to fight the temptation. Believe me. :hmm:

Looks like you were hunting. Did you bag anything?

Nah. Just out in the backyard checking on the Mulley population. No tag - Just climbing some mountains. But we did bag a California Bighorn Sheep a few weeks ago and have an elk hunt in November. Should have the FJ on that one.

Nah. Just out in the backyard checking on the Mulley population. No tag - Just climbing some mountains. But we did bag a California Bighorn Sheep a few weeks ago and have an elk hunt in November. Should have the FJ on that one.
Was it a nice size Ram?
I’ve got Elk hunting in November. I hope to take my cruiser too. Haven’t driven it since January before the diesel swap.

IMG_20180329_182925.jpg

If you zoom in on the rear hub you may find a solution to your desires ;)
Well maybe after your bank account recovers from the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom