Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.
Bearings and seals or just seals? I’m running a 86 fj60 boxHope it works out! Red Head quoted me just shy of $500 to rebuild the 69 Steering box.
They just said rebuilt, all in Price like $495Bearings and seals or just seals? I’m running a 86 fj60 box
yeah! Great idea!So @Tomba can just send you his? Ha!!
Me guts a HeadacheTo be fair it did suck to rebuild but that’s more because I’m kinda the person that says well let’s pull it apart and see what happens before really doing much research or in this case zero. Bought acouple of the bearings bought seal kit and looked at seal kit instructions saying ok just slide this out slide that out and that was easy but then it’s the whole 50 ball bearings that fall out and then I go well s*** guess I better try and find a video how to put this all back together. Then on the third attempt of learning or maybe 5th I started figuring it out got it almost together before I found out I forgot one important step of taking it all back apart to put back together the last time. If I did it again now it would be easier. Was a learning experience just like doing knuckles the first time. They took me a day and lots of cussing and lots of extra work that didn’t need done. Now knuckle rebuilds aren’t that bad and only a few hours typically. I would assume steering box would be the same but hopefully I don’t have to do that. So far no leaks. Haven’t driven it yet as I’m waiting on correct o rings for the calipers to finish rebuilding them. Will be cool to see how the braking is with freshly turned rotors and properly working calipers.
View attachment 4223604