4Plus - you don't want to miss this thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OlYellr

SILVER Star
Threads
All - @lcwizard from 4 plus announced sales have slowed to a point that the doors will be closing and Nolan @wngrog even eluded to this in one of his threads a few weeks ago.

4Plusproducts - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/4plusproducts.1320637/

We know all of Dave's products are of top notch quality and would be a huge loss to the community.

I am proposing for those whom like me have been waiting for the "right" time to make a commitment and work on an impactful group buy/order.

I am happy to collect the information (vs Dave getting flooded with inquiries) and take on some of that load if that is appropriate & so long as Dave @lcwizard approves to this or anything about this thread (happy to talk to you anytime)- this is ALLLLLL about you Dave - for a firm and hopefully larger order that has impact and meaning for his business.

I, for one, reached out about the rear bumper today that I was going to do for an X-mas gift to myself when I first ready his post on MUD -

To me, it is one thing for Dave (or any of the vendors here on MUD) to say "It was a great ride; however, I am done." vs when pent up, well intended future plans never show up at 4Plus necessitates the closing. (to which I am guilty). I am no way trying to guilt or shame anyone, we all have our constraints and we all get and respect that - yet I like to say "One day, or day one? Your choice." It is day one for me with respect to 4Plus.

Will you join me?

Already have mine; you will not be sorry for buying these while you still can.

I ordered a set of Dave's folding jump seat leg supports earlier today. In case anyone has not seen these:

Been looking at the front bumper for a 62 on his site for awhile…

Ian

I ordered a set of Dave's folding jump seat leg supports earlier today. In case anyone has not seen these:

Been meaning to contact him about a set of these. Better get off my butt I guess.

I am in for his FJ40 tube style front bumper/ brush guard. If anyone else in CA is willing to go in (3-4 total) we can split the shipping to make it more reasonable.

I bought a rear tire/cooler carrier and love it! Still working on the cruiser but that carrier looks awesome on a 40! Before buying it I was thinking about other items as well and pulled the trigger on the carrier. Glad I did! Hope everything works out for you Dave!

IMG_6523.jpeg

I bought a rear tire/cooler carrier and love it! Still working on the cruiser but that carrier looks awesome on a 40! Before buying it I was thinking about other items as well and pulled the trigger on the carrier. Glad I did! Hope everything works out for you Dave!

View attachment 3414614
If you wheel it get his U bolt flip kits and the tail light protectors for that bumper.

And something like this:

View attachment 3402752

But the ones I've been making won't be long enough to fill up yer big hole. ;)

Does he make the fj40 channel bumper for 8274 winch? If so, I need to trade him some dollars for one

I have one myself.

Thanks for the snark :flipoff2: By the way, I mtb'd the Violet Crown segment of the greenway in your neck of the woods for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I approve.
My pleasure.

There is another, longer trail system that starts here that is also fairly radical.

Look me up next time you’re around.

Ian

I ordered a front bumper a week ago. I've thought long and hard about that rear tire and cooler carrier. Haven't pulled the trigger on that one...yet!

I’ve been thinking about the u-bolt flip kits for ever, I better get going

I've been looking at the tire carrier off and on for months now. Sad to see it will soon be NLA.
May have to do something sooner than later.

Question, Can the dual swing out carrier be ordered with x2 spare wheel carriers?
I have the OEM Jerry can holder and would like to use it. I think I would be able to mount it to one of the tire posts judging from the pic above on the blue Fj40.

I've been looking at the tire carrier off and on for months now. Sad to see it will soon be NLA.
May have to do something sooner than later.

Question, Can the dual swing out carrier be ordered with x2 spare wheel carriers?
I have the OEM Jerry can holder and would like to use it. I think I would be able to mount it to one of the tire posts judging from the pic above on the blue Fj40.
Here is a pic of mine as you’ve spec’d it. I only run one spare but owner before last ordered it this way so betting it can still be ordered this way. Dave’s build quality is second to none!

5971001C-8A82-490B-A318-636E40895332.jpeg

Last edited:
I already reached out to Dave about this, but figured I'd bump this thread. I'd be in for a front bumper of some form. I'd been holding off because I was on the fence about winch mounts...and still am. Literally all the rest of my truck is covered in 4 Plus so I'm very sad to see this! Quality second to none, and a genuinely good dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom