37's with stock gears? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i am sure going from 1FZ to 6BT feels like a 500% increase in torque.
Does it make sense yet?.... Your 1FZ needs gears to feel like my 6BT without a turbo.
There...I feel stupid just plagiarize your stupid s***

I think this means I win^

i am sure going from 1FZ to 6BT feels like a 500% increase in torque.
Does it make sense yet?.... Your 1FZ needs gears to feel like my 6BT without a turbo.
There...I feel stupid just plagiarize your stupid s***

I think this means I win^
you win the ****ing idiot award.....don't stay any more dumb s*** on here or do me a favor and block me so i don't have to waste anymore of my time on here for dump s*** head like you

I'll admit that as those torque curves approach zero rpm, those deltas will reduce... but engine rpm will never be zero, it's why we have torque converters and clutches. Engine torque does matter. If you did a 6BT swap the gearing you need would change.
Very true. The torque multiplication black magic that happens off idle in low range is amazing. And personal preference and the kind of wheeling we're doing will factor in massively. For my style, I like to have the lowest gearing possible for the torque curve of my motor. I'd still probably keep the 4.88s in a diesel, but probably wouldn't feel the need to go to lower t-case gearing. But the torque off idle on a 6bt is nutty

I’ll trade anyone my locked 4.88 axels for your stock locked ones! I started on stock gears with 37s, then discovered Mud and did the classic jump everyone says to do to 5.29s, absolutely HATED them, now on 4.88s which is okay I guess, but I would love to go back to stock gears. Granted I’m supercharged now but I always thought the gear argument was overkill. It makes very little difference in my opinion on the trials and takes a lot of time, money, and energy to swap gears. If I could do it all over again I would have kept the stock axels and done the T Case gears.
I have a set of stock locked axles I will trade you, I’m in Junction, will depend on who set the gears up as well though.

I was on stock gears and 37s. Now have 5.29s, t case underdrive, and low range gears. The amount of control you gain is tremendous.
Yes, you can do things with stock gearing but lower gears are just so much better and, in the end, easier on components. It's all about use case - if you are doing hard stuff gearing is king, if you're not doing hard stuff then you don't need big tires...

I was on stock gears and 37s. Now have 5.29s, t case underdrive, and low range gears. The amount of control you gain is tremendous.
Yes, you can do things with stock gearing but lower gears are just so much better and, in the end, easier on components. It's all about use case - if you are doing hard stuff gearing is king, if you're not doing hard stuff then you don't need big tires...
What i said earlier....If you run stock gearing on 37s, you might just be a mall crawler.

Looking good dude! :cool:
Remember back back in November of 22 when you were stoked on @sombodyese5's build thread? Your posts should be in a section of the FAQ on how to be unhelpful. But I digress--increase your post count my man!

coming from someone with a V8....
I would go V8 but my 3FE is just starting to purr @ 250k.
Were you just now able to get it going?

Remember back back in November of 22 when you were stoked on @sombodyese5's build thread? Your posts should be in a section of the FAQ on how to be unhelpful. But I digress--increase your post count my man!I

You remember? I don't and i have a 3FE, so of course it wouldnt be helpful on here. I am just here to poke fun @ 1FZ cock suckers on here.
What else do you do on MUD? poke fun, make fun of 3FEs 1FZs? come on now.

Last edited:
you win the f***ing idiot award.....don't stay any more dumb s*** on here or do me a favor and block me so i don't have to waste anymore of my time on here for dump s*** head like you
So, tell us how you REALLY feel...

You remember? I don't and i have a 3FE, so of course it wouldnt be helpful on here. I am just here to poke fun @ 1FZ cock suckers on here.
What else do you do on MUD? poke fun, make fun of 3FEs 1FZs? come on now.
Yea, I’m gonna leave this dumpster fire, I dragged @COYS in by mistake and quoted him. It was a blunder, but it wasn’t intentional :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom