37's with stock gears? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The supercharger isn’t inherently bad, not running a standalone and and intercooler is bad
Yeah, I would never run without an aftermarket intercooler with any FI application. That is just asking for trouble..
Plus all the additional piping, connections, and all the bolt on parts make the already reliable engine much less reliable in this case for any turbo setup. Unless the rig is setup for soccer mom events, aftermarket turbo or supercharger setup for offroading is NOT worth it...

yeah i see it....sell that supercharger and invest in more gearing..thats what i would do.

Na I’m good, supercharger has been the best addition to my truck to date. Every week I go up I70 I am blown away with it, and to be quite frank if I didn’t have the supercharger I probably wouldn’t have my truck anymore. Supercharger has made it for me daily driveable in the Rockies. But AGAIN, everyone has different needs and wants. If your 3FE works for you the great, no disrespect to the 3FE we all are trying to just make these old trucks for our individual needs.

As I said on the last page, I just encourage people to go for a drive in a truck with their goal gearing before pulling the trigger on it.

Na I’m good, supercharger has been the best addition to my truck to date. Every week I go up I70 I am blown away with it, and to be quite frank if I didn’t have the supercharger I probably wouldn’t have my truck anymore. Supercharger has made it for me daily driveable in the Rockies. But AGAIN, everyone has different needs and wants. If your 3FE works for you the great, no disrespect to the 3FE we all are trying to just make these old trucks for our individual needs.

As I said on the last page, I just encourage people to go for a drive in a truck with their goal gearing before pulling the trigger on it.
Oh I got you. Carry the hell on my friend.
i would not want to drive a 3FE if i am living in 8000 ft above sea level.

If you run stock gearing on 37s, you might just be a mall crawler.. lol

Did you say my 3FE needed all the gearing?? I took a month off on here and this is the 1st post i get from 1FZ-a holes...figures.

Comes on here calling folks mall crawlers.... get's upset at a little 3FE poke....

Your 3FE has 71% peak torque of a 1FZ... and a camry dash. Enjoy sitting in traffic on your way to Anza borrego.

Comes on here calling folks mall crawlers.... get's upset at a little 3FE poke....

Your 3FE has 71% peak torque of a 1FZ... and a camry dash. Enjoy sitting in traffic on your way to Anza borrego
Do me a favor and don't talk on here again. or message me when you are ready to get your HG pming done.
I wonder if half of the ppl on here are nice when met on trails, but real ass on the forum.....
Obviously the 3FE hate is still pretty much exists on here and i just witness that 1st hand again.

Do me a favor and don't talk on here again. or message me when you are ready to get your HG pming done.
I wonder if half of the ppl on here are nice when met on trails, but real ass on the forum.....
Obviously the 3FE hate is still pretty much exists on here and i just witness that 1st hand again.

Calling folks mall crawlers online and then getting offended when they shout back... I bet you vote for more taxes too.

Going from factory 4.10:1 gears up to 5.29:1 gears is an increase in 29% torque...
Going from 3FE to a 1FZ is an increase in 29% torque....

Does it make sense yet?.... Your 3FE needs gears to feel like my 1FZ without gears... did I also mention than I don't have a camry dash?

Your 3FE has 71% peak torque of a 1FZ... and a camry dash. Enjoy sitting in traffic on your way to Anza borrego.
I prefer my camry dash as it reminds me of my 93 camry. LoL
Calling folks mall crawlers online and then getting offended when they shout back... I bet you vote for more taxes too.

Going from factory 4.10:1 gears up to 5.29:1 gears is an increase in 29% torque...

Does it make sense yet?.... Your 3FE needs gears to feel like my 1FZ without gears... did I also mention than I don't have a camry dash? and I don't have to sit in traffic to wheel?
You must be on some real 1FZ- high...lol
I like your thinking tho.
No thanks, you must be a mall crawler too....if you are, thats ok. 37 and stock gearing is definitely what mall crawlers would do. IDIOT

Does it make sense yet?.... Your 3FE needs gears to feel like my 1FZ without gears... did I also mention than I don't have a camry dash?
That only applies to power being put down. If we're talking about slow speed control for crawling, then gearing is the issue regardless of engine

power/torque and gearing is too different thing the last I checked..

That only applies to power being put down. If we're talking about slow speed control for crawling, then gearing is the issue regardless of engine
I thought this is a Land Cruiser forum, if we are not talking about off-roading and rock crawling with gears, then what are we talking about in the 1st place?

This makes absolutely ZERO sense and you should read up on 80 series and gearing if that is the case and stop bashing 3FEs on here like your 1FZ is best thing since slice bread...if you know what i mean...GTFOH

I'll admit that as those torque curves approach zero rpm, those deltas will reduce... but engine rpm will never be zero, it's why we have torque converters and clutches. Engine torque does matter. If you did a 6BT swap the gearing you need would change.
This makes absolutely ZERO sense and you should read up on 80 series and gearing if that is the case and stop bashing 3FEs on here like your 1FZ is best thing since slice bread...if you know what i mean...GTFOH
I don't even like the 1FZ... when it dies it's getting a 6BT.

Last edited:
I'll admit that as those torque curves approach zero rpm, those deltas will reduce... but engine rpm will never be zero, it's why we have torque converters and clutches. Engine torque does matter. If you did a 6BT swap the gearing you need would change.
i am sure going from 1FZ to 6BT feels like a 500% increase in torque.
Does it make sense yet?.... Your 1FZ needs gears to feel like my 6BT without a turbo.
There...I feel stupid just plagiarize your stupid s***

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom