300 M rear axles and flanges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yep. you work at cruiser outfitters? :) - it's me Jackson. I'm not on mud super often, the rising sun forum has me pretty tied up.

LOL, hello Jackson.

You run the inner seals eh? Why so serious?

PS, your shovel arrive?

Why don't you just ask them? Seems like a waste to buy both. lol.
Hard to tell, but Im guessing your joking. I have been talking to PJ offorad in australia and they are making them and have been for a while. thier drive flanges are serious and appear to seal. SO I may go that way. Not sure got my hands full changing pinion and carrier bearing and the like right now.

Man this thread pulled all the heavyweights out, Slee, Nukegoat spitting science terms, Kurt, secret slee guys, Nice.

LOL, hello Jackson.

You run the inner seals eh? Why so serious?

PS, your shovel arrive?

Yeppers. Shovel is here, test drove it this weekend :). Serious? have you ever seen me have a serious moment lol? What did I say that was serious? :)

Its appears BOTH will have them trying to find out if they are from same maker, and RCV told me 1199. for the entire set up directly.

we just helped RCV develop the right gap in the spines for Elocked rigs. it's their product. We will have their part number on hand when folks call to order.

Yeppers. Shovel is here, test drove it this weekend :). Serious? have you ever seen me have a serious moment lol? What did I say that was serious? :)

I'm told all the serious shops skip the inner seal, you're de-facto in my league I suppose :D

I'm told only all the serious shops skip the inner seal, you're de-facto in my league I suppose :D

haha! if not running a seal makes me serious then I definitely don't want to be serious. Don't tell anybody, but one of our secrets to customer satisfaction is using OE parts and following the FSM.

Last edited:
I'm told all the serious shops skip the inner seal, you're de-facto in my league I suppose :D
Yea problem with your staement is I didnt say they skipped it. I said they told me and showed me time after time the gear oil simply flows right by that POS seal and it all ends up an oil bath. But stay with it.

Yea problem with your staement is I didnt say they skipped it. I said they told me and showed me time after time the gear oil simply flows right by that POS seal and it all ends up an oil bath. But stay with it.

??? You said they dont run grease and if they dont run grease they certainly dont assemble the bearings dry and wait for a new seal to fail and lube the bearings? Thus they would have to skip the seal or how would oil get to it following an overhaul?

...Which is why most veryone runs no grease just gear oil bath in rear bearings...

...@OTRAMM Redline moab motorsports guys at navtec fleet mechanic none of them even bother with bearing grease because the gear oil ends up in there right away.

I fought the whole idea, until EVERY serious LC shop owner on here and from coast to coast said same thing....

What am I missing? I talk to serious shop owners daily... none have told me they skip grease... none.

We overhaul axles (with grease) and have sold axle overhaul kits for 25 years for trucks that have driven around the world (literally), raced and chased the Baja 1000, competed in the days of UROC, ARCA and more recently KOH. If possible, I'd formally like to be considered a serious shop should you have us. :D

A lot of the parts on these trucks just aren’t necessary, you can kind of pick and choose which ones you want to use. For example, I only run 1 bearing in the hubs. Saves weight and less drag.

??? You said they dont run grease and if they dont run grease they certainly dont assemble the bearings dry and wait for a new seal to fail and lube the bearings? Thus they would have to skip the seal or how would oil get to it following an overhaul?

What am I missing? I talk to serious shop owners daily... none have told me they skip grease... none.

We overhaul axles (with grease) and have sold axle overhaul kits for 25 years fo trucks that have driven around the world (literally), raced and chased the Baja 1000, competed in the days of UROC, ARCA and more recently KOH. If formally like to be considered a serious shop should you have us. :D

A lot of the parts on these trucks just aren’t necessary, you can kind of pick and choose which ones you want to use. For example, I only run 1 bearing in the hubs. Saves weight and less drag.

All the benefits of the full-float with the weight advantage of a semi-float. I like it!

All beside the point as the RCV axles don't impact the ability to run grease/lube only. And, for the next person that orders a set of RCV rears and doesnt plan to run a seal. I'll send a gallon of the often imitated but never duplicated patent pending Backwoods Goop (points for any that remember Frank).

20190916_120359.jpg

(Yes, I somehow managed to not only get a gallon but keep that same full gallon)

Oh man you are sitting on a GOLDMINE!!

All beside the point as the RCV axles don't impact the ability to run grease/lube only. And, for the next person that orders a set of RCV rears and doesnt plan to run a seal. I'll send a gallon of the often imitated but never duplicated patent pending Backwoods Goop (points for any that remember Frank).

View attachment 2085006
(Yes, I somehow managed to not only get a gallon but keep that same full gallon)

I'll send a gallon of the often imitated but never duplicated patent pending Backwoods Goop (points for any that remember Frank).

No good. If you'll recall, that was only spec'd for FRONT axles in WWII, not rears.

No good. If you'll recall, that was only spec'd for FRONT axles in WWII, not rears.

Ha, that's right. Ironically it would have been more suited to the rears but Frank didn't know Toyota had a FF and nobody wanted to explain it to him as I recall.

View attachment 2085006

I never got the gallon he was going to send me. Man, you have the unobtainium. You should put that in the Land Cruiser Museum. I mean one day we are all going to be proven wrong.

PS. I wonder if that email still works.

I never got the gallon he was going to send me. Man, you have the unobtainium. You should put that in the Land Cruiser Museum. I mean one day we are all going to be proven wrong.

PS. I wonder if that email still works.

Hmmmmm, that would be a neat addition to the museum :D

This thread has turned into an OE parts vendor circle jerk, ironically. Why run 300M axles if you're staying OE? I'm sure "MR T" knew what he was doing when he spec'd 1541H or whatever

This thread has turned into an OE parts vendor circle jerk, ironically. Why run 300M axles if you're staying OE? I'm sure "MR T" knew what he was doing when he spec'd 1541H or whatever

Turns out aftermarket parts companies often design their parts to be used in an OE layout as well ;)

Again, I don't care if people don't run seals. Hell I'll sell more inner wheel hub seals and flange gaskets I'm sure of it. :D What I was contesting was the assertion that most don't run seals or every serious shop doesn't use them in favor of wet bearings. That simply isn't the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom