2UZ 4.7 what transmission will work to fj80 t-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How are you going to operate it? What ECU are you going to use? Anything can be made to work, it is only money. If you want bolt together, get an A343 4 speed out of a 100 series.

will the A750F from 2007 4runner bolt to HF2A ?

I am pretty sure there is no bellhousing for any of the A4xx series trans to the 2uz. And I am very doubtful that the A343 bellhousing would work since it's a much smaller trans.

A440, A442 or A343 would be the best choices behind the 2UZ. IIRC the A442 has a lower first gear than the A343.

J

I've verified that the a750f from the land cruisers will.work with the early transfer cases but don't know about the other 4runner models. Assuming your looking at a 2uz from the same 4runner? So you'd have wiring and computers to run the a750f

I am pretty sure there is no bellhousing for any of the A4xx series trans to the 2uz. And I am very doubtful that the A343 bellhousing would work since it's a much smaller trans.

Mr Yota has it covered. 2UZ to A440/2 bellhousing 88-94 US conversion to a 2UZ

BH3.jpg
BH4.jpg

I can get engine and trans with wiring and ecu out off 2007 4runner i like to knw if the a750f will bolt to the t case
I started down the path and never dug deep enough almost buying a wrecked 4runner. I have a A750F out of a 2005 cruiser with Transfer Case i picked up for a long term project that will likely never happen. I'd say give it a shoot and if it doesn't i'm sure we could make deal on mine to get you going. someone should have an A750F in there 80 series

OverlandNV

interface looks very different found some picks in this thread

i screwed my title i got my answer to ? from the title but now i need to be more precise
so my ? is
will the A750F from 2007 4runner bolt to HF2A ?
i se there is cast iron adapter between trans. and t-cas on a440f does someone know if i take it of can i install it on a750e or the bolt pattern is not the same ?

Last edited:
Ive been trying to find out a lot of the same information about the A750F bolting to the HF2A. From what I've read in several threads is that it will bolt up. Most of the threads are pretty old and it seems the reason the A750F wasnt a more vommon swap was due to the lack of TCU. It seems there's a Australian company that niw makes a TCU, but it cost about $3k (ouch).

So let me throw this idea into the mix.

1FZ-FE: 4.5 I6
212 hp
275 lb-ft
Weighs 584 lbs

2UZ-FE: 4.7 V8
232-271 hp (depending on year)
311-315 lb-ft
Weighs 500 lbs

1GR-FE: 4.0 V6
236-270 hp (depending on year)
266-289 lb-ft
Weighs 350 lbs

The 1GR-FE also came bolted to the A750F. The later years are 270hp, the early years can have a super charger added that puts out around 315hp. Theres also the weight savings and the fact that the V6 is shorter so all the weight should be over and behind the front axle instead of leaning over it. Or, since the engine is shorter, the engine and transmission may be able to push foward to run a doubler from Low Range without having to move the stovk transfer case. The 1GR-FE/A750F combo is in a lot of FJs, Tacos, and 4-Runners. Another bonus is that the 1GR-FE is chain driven as opposed to the timing belt in the 2UZ-FE. I know that matters to some folks.

Sorry most of this went off topic. Where i was trying to go was that given the V6 combo, Low Range sells a doubler that bolts to the A750F and to the FJ/Taco/4-Runner. Since the A750F bolts to the HF2A, it stands to reason that their doubler would also bokt to the HF2A. I have not confirmed this with them yet though.

Last edited:
while the 1GR it's no doubt a great engine .. I'll be worried of the torque department in any heavy rig .. and I also know few 200 / and 7* series used it these days ..

If you went with the later model 1GR it's been 270hp with 289 lb-ft. That's better than the 1FZ, and you also get the better gearing of the A750F.

Peak numbers only tell half the story. At what rpm is that 289ft/lbs?

I don't have time to look them both up but I would guess it's quite a bit higher in the rev range than the 275ft/lbs of the 1FZ which isn't bad it would just necessitate a driving style change.

*edit it's not as bad as I expected. 3700rpms vs 2800rpms.

If you went with the later model 1GR it's been 270hp with 289 lb-ft. That's better than the 1FZ, and you also get the better gearing of the A750F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom