Builds 2001 LC HZJ78 AK -RESTORATION- For Overland (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someone is getting some new shoes soon
Try to guess the brand

IMG_3208.jpeg

Today I put back the meter and checked the wires for continuity for those two might wonder the yellow red wire is plugged on the empty tank light but the yellow blue is the subt-tanks wire and the yellow black is also there and on my old wire floor #2 there :
Y-Bleu
Y-Black
Ground

No Y-RED

Make me wonder

Thanks @janyyc for the little grommet work pretty well

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3216.jpeg

IMG_3215.jpeg

Tommy, are you using 12 or 24 V House battery? I am seriously debating. We installed 24 in a sprinter van and it is perfect.

Also about to order rims. Is 0 offset the best option for the troopy?
Hi Ofer, I am on 12 V doing the new wire floor now … hope to finalize this sub tank and bumper flasher

The rim’s offset is for to clear the rugged break inside the rim. Not necessary for regular caliper

Today we kinda brain storm about the real estate and what need to be done for the future fitting the Kalori fan has no real meat to bolt and I might need to find another fan and tube set up for upstairs in the roof when cold.

We found good spot at the rear for the compressor too many things to think about before paint

All dome light are functional wire
Floors is pretty much rebuild and tomorrow will wrap it up!

Still debating if I will put 35 or 33 on the Jaos anyone want to join discussion?

IMG_3264.jpeg

IMG_3266.jpeg

Today we kinda brain storm about the real estate and what need to be done for the future fitting the Kalori fan has no real meat to bolt and I might need to find another fan and tube set up for upstairs in the roof when cold.

We found good spot at the rear for the compressor too many things to think about before paint

All dome light are functional wire
Floors is pretty much rebuild and tomorrow will wrap it up!

Still debating if I will put 35 or 33 on the Jaos anyone want to join discussion?

View attachment 3566205

View attachment 3566190
I have 295/75R16 on my 80. They are almost 34”. Had 2 sets over the last 5 years. BF KO2. They are perfect for us and plan to install them on the troopy, but it really depends what type of driving you do.

As for the heater, I plan to try the rear heater from my 60 and install it in the rear left wheel well with a duct.

By the way, I found 5” wide 12V 100A lithium, so they can fit also in the right wheel well behind the galley. They will stick out a bit but I think that would work. Getting 2 in series to a 24V system. The inverter will live there as well.

I like to keep the compressor in the engine bay. My wife is in the car mostly when I use it and it’s a bit noisy.

By the way your rig looks a work of art. Are you planning to powder coat the aluminum cabinets?

Oh, just remembered, the counter top we use is Corian. It is an amazing product and very durable and easy to clean. Cuts like wood, but you can glue it and it looks seamless, so sink, or backsplash, etc.

Cheers mate. We should meet someday.

255/85/16
You run 33” better on fuel I presume?
I have 295/75R16 on my 80. They are almost 34”. Had 2 sets over the last 5 years. BF KO2. They are perfect for us and plan to install them on the troopy, but it really depends what type of driving you do.

As for the heater, I plan to try the rear heater from my 60 and install it in the rear left wheel well with a duct.

By the way, I found 5” wide 12V 100A lithium, so they can fit also in the right wheel well behind the galley. They will stick out a bit but I think that would work. Getting 2 in series to a 24V system. The inverter will live there as well.

I like to keep the compressor in the engine bay. My wife is in the car mostly when I use it and it’s a bit noisy.

By the way your rig looks a work of art. Are you planning to powder coat the aluminum cabinets?

Oh, just remembered, the counter top we use is Corian. It is an amazing product and very durable and easy to clean. Cuts like wood, but you can glue it and it looks seamless, so sink, or backsplash, etc.

Cheers mate. We should meet someday.

Good Morning Ofer, Thank you for the reply I am looking for BFK02 I think they are great this might be a good compromise 295/85/16 thank for the recommandation.

I was to purchase renogy 12V 200AH Lithium but Amir had to remove his battery to ship the Troopy from the NZ to US (new rules) So I have to wonder what battery to choose now (Did you know about this?)

I think the Silencio is big for the real estate available also hard to bolt to in place...

The counter top will Ash wood that will be sanded down under 1 inch and cabinet will be painted White same as the troopy :)

You are in Cali right? I will pass by at some point !

You run 33” better on fuel I presume?

Good Morning Ofer, Thank you for the reply I am looking for BFK02 I think they are great this might be a good compromise 295/85/16 thank for the recommandation.

I was to purchase renogy 12V 200AH Lithium but Amir had to remove his battery to ship the Troopy from the NZ to US (new rules) So I have to wonder what battery to choose now (Did you know about this?)

I think the Silencio is big for the real estate available also hard to bolt to in place...

The counter top will Ash wood that will be sanded down under 1 inch and cabinet will be painted White same as the troopy :)

You are in Cali right? I will pass by at some point !
If in Cali, consider my home as your home. 😀

Is Amir in the US or only his car? I did hear about the battery. I’m sure there is away to ship them. They do come from China to here somehow.

If in Cali, consider my home as your home. 😀

Is Amir in the US or only his car? I did hear about the battery. I’m sure there is away to ship them. They do come from China to here somehow.

Amir is coming in End of April and we might get together in Northern Alaska or Yukon depending if my truck is drivable should be at least to have my fridge and propane stove …

I am certain too but that kinda slow me down buying one for once I am slow to get stuff lol 😆

Amir is coming in End of April and we might get together in Northern Alaska or Yukon depending if my truck is drivable should be at least to have my fridge and propane stove …

I am certain too but that kinda slow me down buying one for once I am slow to get stuff lol 😆
I’m in Anchorage if I’m home you’re welcome. Also would love to go on trips with you if I am home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom