Builds 2001 LC HZJ78 AK -RESTORATION- For Overland (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m in Anchorage if I’m home you’re welcome. Also would love to go on trips with you if I am home.

That would so amazing 🙋🏼‍♂️🙏🏻😱 Depending how much is done on the truck and if my Mom can take care of my Daughter I should be heading NORTH WEST

We’ll looks like this might be a start of new chapter or the end of one ☝️

IMG_3276.jpeg

IMG_3273.jpeg

While I was away for a few days, I figured it would be of better use to make a list of things that need to be completed on #IMUA. The term "IMUA," a Hawaiian word meaning "to move forward with spirit," perfectly encapsulates an ethos of progress and perseverance, symbolizing a journey not just across the earth but also within.

1. Finish the restoration wiring for floor #2 and taillights.
  2. Complete the cabinet bracket on the passenger side.
  3. Construct the framing for a 200AH House Battery.
  4. Build the framing for the Air Compressor.
  5. Create the framing for the Coolant Reservoir.
  6. Make the framing for the Water Pump.
  7. Have the Cabinet painted.
  8. Acquire some wood for the countertop and barn doors.
  9. Install the Toyota front wheel hub.
  10. Start internal wiring for house Battery
  11. Complet the double battery tray with lower profil for the hood.
  12. Start shopping for piston, rods, turbo etc
Voila my 2024 list for now!

See you guys soon into the far horizon!
  1. Finish the restoration wiring for floor. DONE
  2. Complete the cabinet bracket on the passenger side. DONE
  3. Construct the framing for a 200AH House Battery. TESTING
  4. Build the framing for the Air Compressor. TESTING
  5. Create the framing for the Coolant Reservoir. TESTING
  6. Make the framing for the Water Pump.TESTING
  7. Get a smaller HEATER for the CABIN WITH BLOWER FOR THE ROOF
  8. Have the Cabinet painted. THIS SUMMER OR FALL
  9. Acquire some wood for the countertop and barn doors. DONE
  10. Prepare Live EDGE for Barn DOORS
  11. Install the Toyota front wheel hub. NEXT ONE THE LIST
  12. Start internal wiring for house Battery THIS SUMMER
  13. Complet the double battery tray with lower profil for the hood. NEXT WINTER
  14. Start shopping for piston, rods, turbo, Gage + SAS etc FUEL PUMP SENT FOR REBUILT STILL NEED To buy this stuff
  15. Send the Transmission for Rebuild with 5th GEAR install and rebuild TC
  16. MAKE a DECISION ON 33-34-35 INCH TIRES I have a preference for 34"
UPDATED List and progress I am certain I will need to check back and add some more

This front bumper looks incredible!

It’s the original Bumper that came from Georgia 🇬🇪

We powder coated it after working on it for the winch it’s not flush flush to the fenders but I like to say it serves well

Got my Clutch and Flywheel last week by the end of March I will be travelling north to drop off the transmission for full rebuild along with the new 5th gear

IMG_3303.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

Nice looking clutch. I would hang it on the wall in the living room over the fireplace... ;)

By the way, did you ever try the sebastopol diesel cooktop?

Hahahaha that would be amazing and good looking too!

I haven’t installed the cooktop since the cabinets are still not painted

Hahahaha that would be amazing and good looking too!

I haven’t installed the cooktop since the cabinets are still not painted
I do wonder how it works. I am tempted to do a portable induction, so we can cook outside with a gas stove as backup. Not sure yet. decisions, decisions...
I installed the side windows today. Been working for a while on sound insulation. Once done in maybe a week, I'll start electrical. I may not finish this project in my lifetime. ;) Everything takes so long. And then people wonder why these custom rigs cost so much. I could have bought a brand new Bronco and build it up for less time and money, BUT... where is the fun. And... this will be so much nicer than a Bronco.

I do wonder how it works. I am tempted to do a portable induction, so we can cook outside with a gas stove as backup. Not sure yet. decisions, decisions...
I installed the side windows today. Been working for a while on sound insulation. Once done in maybe a week, I'll start electrical. I may not finish this project in my lifetime. ;) Everything takes so long. And then people wonder why these custom rigs cost so much. I could have bought a brand new Bronco and build it up for less time and money, BUT... where is the fun. And... this will be so much nicer than a Bronco.

That’s exactly my plan using the induction for water boiling and when raining but I plan to use a small cook gas stove for cooking outside!

Well said about the Bronco for me all this process is more than just building to dream rig and this has no price tag because everything was touched 😄😬

I even think I will go to Georgia 🇬🇪 (where the truck lived) to pay respect ✊

It’s a been 4 years into this project and so much benefit already in!

I rather build a troopcarrier or die trying 🤣

That’s exactly my plan using the induction for water boiling and when raining but I plan to use a small cook gas stove for cooking outside!

Well said about the Bronco for me all this process is more than just building to dream rig and this has no price tag because everything was touched 😄😬

I even think I will go to Georgia 🇬🇪 (where the truck lived) to pay respect ✊

It’s a been 4 years into this project and so much benefit already in!

I rather build a troopcarrier or die trying 🤣
I’ve been to AK twice. Each trip a month and 9000 miles. Both time driving. 1994 our 60 series with 4 kids. 9 year old boy, 2 girls 5 and 3 years old and 8 month old baby. All we had was an MSR stove.

Then in 2019 our 80 was fully finished and it was my wife and I. Felt like a mansion. Hot shower every day. Wonder how this troopy will feel.

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

I’ve been to AK twice. Each trip a month and 9000 miles. Both time driving. 1994 our 60 series with 4 kids. 9 year old boy, 2 girls 5 and 3 years old and 8 month old baby. All we had was an MSR stove.

Then in 2019 our 80 was fully finished and it was my wife and I. Felt like a mansion. Hot shower every day. Wonder how this troopy will feel.

It’s gonna feel like a big 5 stars 😄

Got myself some new toys for the summer ride guess what I’m talking about

View attachment 3581744
Next is a single dose grinder and the needles distribution tool. Let us know how much crema and how the espresso comes out. Our food out there is the same as at home. Chilean Sea bass, salads, etc. but I really have a hard time competing with the espresso machine at home. I just upgraded it with a commercial rotary pump. Always looking for better coffee out there. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_6008.jpeg

Next is a single dose grinder and the needles distribution tool. Let us know how much crema and how the espresso comes out. Our food out there is the same as at home. Chilean Sea bass, salads, etc. but I really have a hard time competing with the espresso machine at home. I just upgraded it with a commercial rotary pump. Always looking for better coffee out there. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 3581753
Grinder on the way too :) You've got your self a very amazong set up! I did try the preso before ordering it's perfect if you provide the right grinding size with premium peaberry expresso roast

Fantastic additions Tommy. Currently using the aeropress but have always eyed up the Wacaco products. Keep us posted!

Fantastic additions Tommy. Currently using the aeropress but have always eyed up the Wacaco products. Keep us posted!

I am gonna try to order some pea berry fro Costa to bring along this summer!

Got my Clutch and Flywheel last week by the end of March I will be travelling north to drop off the transmission for full rebuild along with the new 5th gear

View attachment 3573589

View attachment 3573588
How did you come across Blu Steele? I hadn't heard of them until this thread. Just curious to learn more about them than anything.

How did you come across Blu Steele? I hadn't heard of them until this thread. Just curious to learn more about them than anything.
I am a big fan of exedy and I have a big distributor here near my place he couldn’t get the clutch so I started doing research on who might manufacture those and of course in Australia there Blu Steele and Decided to try them out for my H151 rebuild

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom