1990 HDJ81 - Introducing "La Mia Bella Bestia" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice truck, looks oddly similar to mine!

20151002_1407431.jpg

Rounding 200k

A bitter sweet moment. Although its nice to see the number, she showed that love is in order (timing belt warning light)

20150904_1148041.jpg

i just rolled over 100,000 on mine and did the t-belt. To change the belt and tensioner is about a 45min job if you don't have issues with the spring for the tensioner.

i just rolled over 100,000 on mine and did the t-belt. To change the belt and tensioner is about a 45min job if you don't have issues with the spring for the tensioner.
Chatting with our Aus. brothers they say the water pump is good to 250k. My question is, do I need to drain coolant to change out the water pump.

Chatting with our Aus. brothers they say the water pump is good to 250k. My question is, do I need to drain coolant to change out the water pump.

You can either drain it, or watch it drain out when you pull the water pump off, lol.

Pretty cool that Americans now have access to these vehicles.

I'm going to have to start shopping for a diesel 100-Series to stay trendy.

Already ran into an issue by not having communications set up. Decided it is a very important part of the whole package. So I started down the road of HAM. Decided on a low cost solution that we can learn on.

Here we go;
20151006_1256551.jpg

20151006_1258091.jpg

20151006_1257391.jpg

Did you remove the interior trim in the back cargo area?
The rear right trim is temporarily removed. I am trying to decide if I want to mount an electric panel in the original trim or make a new trim piece and mount it in that. What do you think?

Overboost, should come on only when you exceed 12psi.
I don't see it as overboost.
My reason is; it glows, not a steady intense glow but comes and goes in intensity. It never "Turns on" this is during the full spectrum of boost from 0 to 13. I am wondering if it indicates boost leak, although I haven't found any indication of that either. It started doing this when the timing belt indicator came on, I thought it could be light bleeding from that indicator, but that's a good distance away.

As your factory sub is already removed, you could maybe mount something there? I'd keep the factory panel personally, I'd hate to lose the storage pocket for the winch control, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom