For Sale 1989 FJ62 White over Black - LS Swap, New Paint, New Interior - Atlanta, Georgia, USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have had this FJ62 for over three years and it was a "total transformative project" going beyond any FJ62 I had ever seen. Unfortunately, I have to make room in the garage, so its now time to send it on down the road for another owner to enjoy.

The truck had 146K~ miles on the clock when I got it. The original 6 cylinder was DOA, so ACC Garage here in Atlanta performed the swap of an LS V8 and 4 speed automatic. The engine and trans are a drop-out (taken from another vehicle) LY6 6.0 liter Vortec V8 and matching 4L85e 4 speed trans from a 2008 GMC truck which had 61,000 miles on it. ACC garage retained as much factory OEM Toyota stuff as possible, custom fabricated a ton of stuff, powder-coated everything that was metal - including the OEM air intake. Installed a Lokar 4 speed shifter. They also did all the necessary maintenance - brakes, front/rear diff service, Birfield's rebuilt, transfer case complete rebuild, new shocks, etc. Exhaust is new- front to tip - starting with LS iron exhaust manifolds, new dual catalytic converters, new silent flow muffler and Borla tip.

The interior was completely redone - carpet, ProCar front seats with embroidered Land Cruiser logo, all 4 outboard seats have seat heaters, new stereo and speakers, new seat belts, custom center console, new headliner, door panels, cargo panels, all leather interior including leather wrapped dash. Underneath the trim is top-to-bottom sound deadener on all panels. New windshield glass and rubber glass surround, new rear cargo and hatch glass surrounds. All new weather stripping on all the doors.

The wheels are gunmetal 17" FN Wheels machined for the Land Cruiser hubs rolling on new Michelin tires. Hella H1/H4 headlamps with HID's, custom mounted bumper Rigid front driving and rear backup lights. New paint - combination of GM Summit White and Lexus Onyx Black around the windows separated by a hot-rod-red pinstripe to top it off. JDM clear marker with LED bulbs, clear front turn signals, and clear rear light lenses which house LED brake lights (that are very bright).

There really is too much to try to list it all here, and the pictures are way better at showing it all. Please take a look. Let me know if you have any quesitons. If interested please contact Brian at Streetside Classics. Asking $58,000.

See the pictures here: 1989 Toyota FJ62 Land Cruiser | Streetside Classics - The Nation's Top Consignment Dealer of Classic and Collectible Cars

IMG_7111.JPG

IMG_6640.JPG

IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_6663.JPG

IMG_6665.JPG

To each their own. Everything that was classic about this truck is no more. A Range Rover would make more sense if you're going for comfort and speed in an off-road capable vehicle. Good luck to the owner.

My thoughts exactly......

Don't get me wrong. I love the engine choice. Just not the black accent paint, extra emblems, wheels, interior, etc. For the price, you might as well go with something that's actually modern. Instead of something that's trying to be modern.

First off, its cool, don't get my wrong.. But it is like you are trying to make it something more than its not. The paint I could see on a 2015 Range Rover and the wheels belong on a MR2. Not to mention those seats.. Geez, I didn't think LandCruisers were going around corners that fast ;) . Either way, GLWS. Still a very cool and original Cruiser :) .

This is a TLC level price. As good as this rig is, and it is spectacular, at this price there may be 1 or 2 buyers in the country.

The fact is a V8 swap/resto of this quality is not going to bring this kind of money. Maybe in 10 years, but for now it is a labor of love.

Currently a swap like this is going to run you 25-30K and maybe another 15K for the paint and interior.

After that, resale is only going to be 30K or so...and still very few buyers...

Owner should keep it and enjoy.

MB

Nice resto mod

That's the problem with custom rigs. They are typically modified to suit the owners taste, but not a future owners taste. It will be difficult to sell at that price. Im sure a lot is in it though

Hi All- the rig sold Aug 2017 after 6 weeks on the market. Thanks for the massive amount of inquiries. And yes, I built it for my tastes and the new owner wanted it this way too. Purist need not apply, but nonetheless you are welcome- your 155 HP, rusty, leaking, 8 mpg wagons are now worth more.

Hi All- the rig sold Aug 2017 after 6 weeks on the market. Thanks for the massive amount of inquiries. And yes, I built it for my tastes and the new owner wanted it this way too. Purist need not apply, but nonetheless you are welcome- your 155 HP, rusty, leaking, 8 mpg wagons are now worth more.
Why are you quoting me on this? My cruiser has a LS motor in it, does not leak oil, has no rust, as well as factory lockers and disc brakes all around. I just mentioned that you ventured pretty far from the look of a fj62 to the point of it looks like a land rover, and you include no undercarriage pics or restoration process pics. Which is fine if that is your taste-its your cruiser. Because of that though we said it will be difficult to get 58k for it. Looks like we were right since you dropped your price 15k to sell it. Glad you found someone with the same taste as you enough to buy it.

Last edited:
Looks like the $58,000 didn't happen!

There is some nice work done on this truck, but no money made, which is fine as long as you enjoyed it, which is the most important thing, IMOP.
For me the build neglected the heritage of the cruiser, the black around the windows looks too much like the early street rod suburbans you see in California. Too many emblems and added on LED lights. Interior is nicely done except for the overly sporty front seats.

All the same, nice resto-mod! You going to do another?

I’m well aware this is an old post. Most of the responses to his post sound like a bunch of overly opinionated pricks that sit around and talk s**t but lazy f**ks. This is the usual example crowd that they log in to live auctions and talk s*** and never bid on anything. The usual short version “you suck but hey good luck, imho”. This is why I rarely come on this site, too many jaded arrogant pricks. OP f***’em. All of you talk s**t online but you were the guys that got beat up in junior high before the internet.

I’m well aware this is an old post. Most of the responses to his post sound like a bunch of overly opinionated pricks that sit around and talk s**t but lazy f**ks. This is the usual example crowd that they log in to live auctions and talk s*** and never bid on anything. The usual short version “you suck but hey good luck, imho”. This is why I rarely come on this site, too many jaded arrogant pricks. OP f***’em. All of you talk s**t online but you were the guys that got beat up in junior high before the internet.

I know this one's old too...but wow, was really surprised at the comments....this was up for sale today it would be gone in a second at that price. Even back when this was posted I think the price sounded fair for the quality of the work. I'm all for busting chops on flippers who come to this site, but this riq looks like it was done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom