For Sale 1988 FJ62 - 85k Original Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t have a lot of info on the history. I bought it from a Cruiser dealer here in OKC. It had 73k. miles. Needed some body work and looked like it had been sitting for a long time. Normal mechanical work done (new alternator, radiator, thermostat, water pump, exhaust and master cylinder). No oil leaks. heater cores were flushed. Transmission fluid was drained and replaced (not flushed). Added a brand new OME 2.5" heavy lift and some BFGs. New sound system (amp, speakers, head unit). Have original head unit. Added sound and heat "proofing" below the underlayment on the carpet. Had the shifter tightened up with new bushings (feels stiff and brand new). New upholstery installed by certified Cruiser guy. Very minimal rust on the underbody (none anywhere else and no pitting) - the whole underbody was coated when the paint and body work were done. A few hail dents on the top since the body work was done. Some small scratches in the paint. Bumpers came from another 62 and look incredible. The miles are absolutely original.

No serious maintenance needed at all, but here's what could be worked on to make it perfect:
1. The AC needs serviced (the heat works) - doesn't blow hard and doesn't blow cold. Got a quote from Beck’s garage for around $250-$300 for that.
2. Antenna (after market) needs repaired.
3. Rear washer fluid pump needs repaired or replaced.
3. The master window switch needs replaced (the only window that doesnt operate is the front passenger side, but it is the master switch causing it).
4. Very small, very slow leak somewhere in the braking system. I usually have to top off the master cylinder once a month (only drops slightly below the max line).
5.. Missing right rear LandCruiser emblem.
6. Speaker covers in the front aren't attached (have them though).
7. Could use some new tint.
8. There is a phantom draw on the battery that I believe is attributed to the sound system power wire because I never had the issue before installing it. Might just need a new fuse. I usually just pull the ground off the battery if I know I’m not going to be driving it for several days.

I have never once had a serious or unexpected issue with this car. I mean, it’s an 85k mile Cruiser! It’ll last forever. I have babied it and loved it for 3 years but am at a point where we need to liquidate some things and unfortunately the project car is the first to go. Would love to see it go to somebody who is going to love it as much or more than I have.

Asking $19,499

Pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/31ajyo4iqmLQyCkW2

Last edited:
Your rig looks great! I'm finishing my 60 now, it's the same color. Are your tires 33's? GLWS.

Long shot, but do you have any pics prior to spraying the undercarriage?

Recommend putting the truck on the list and thoroughly photo documenting the underside, chassis, drive line etc.

Really nice cruiser you got there. Do you have any documentation to support the 85k mile claim?

Really nice cruiser you got there. Do you have any documentation to support the 85k mile claim?
Yes...forgot to mention:

Suggest pulling a carfax report to show vehicle history

Sticker on firewall that is supposed to burn off at higher mileage? Never heard of that before....but I'm certainly curious now.

What was done to mitigate the rust on the body and under carriage or remove the rust prior to the coating being applied?

Here is the carfax. The only other thing that I know to support it is that there is a sticker on the firewall that is supposed to burn off at higher mileage. I will try to upload more images this week! CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 1988 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER GX_ JT3FJ62G0J0083228.pdf
Not sure how that car fax is helping support the mileage??? There were 6 miles on it in 1988, then the next reported was the 80,057. That’s pretty obvious...the verification would be showing the mileage for years between then and now.
Nice looking rig! Though, I actually like the faded blue paint look better in the photos.
Like a nice comfortable pair of old jeans.
Good luck on the sale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom