Builds 1983 Cruiser Story (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D0VWjzr.jpg

Made it out to the local coffee shop Saturday morning to meet some fellow Cruisers!

7gvitI7.jpg

Light blue is a 1974, the dark blue is a 1980.

I finally got my truck buttoned up with the factory air cleaner and all desmogged!

2c4rkAl.jpg

So clean. Not sure I saw it but what did you do regarding the leaf springs? Can't tell if you're running a lift or not? I saw you put monroe shocks in.

All stock suspension. Just not as worn out as a lot you see, this truck only has 80,000 miles.

I may have the 5 speed but you only have 80,000 miles. WHAT! Awesome.

No huge progress updates other than I've driven the thing about 130 miles so far and I'm in love!

Just a few photos:

Au1YAEw.jpg

I realized I haven't posted any interior photos, I don't have many!
yikXcLu.jpg

(Anyone want to trade fusebox covers?)

FRd3ybC.jpg

HllIQyE.jpg

New exhaust!

t8aOV8h.jpg

Oh, and I stole @mattressking 's idea and went Mexican Blanket on the back of the rear seat!

x1FZIug.jpg

Happy Weekend!

Gorgeous, I love stock looking trucks. The mileage is the most impressive. That thing must drive like a champ.

Hey congrats ! I haven't read your rebuild thread until today, although you've helped me out with my rear brake job questions. You've pretty much got what I have, an 83 FJ60 with some rust problems but not too many. After the brakes, the windshield wiper setup (lots of slop and basically doesn't work) and de-rusting without taking it off frame are next.

I am in Maryland, you are in WVa, let me know if you are ever in Central MD with the truck we should meet sometime.

How to you completely grind off the rust on the leaf springs without taking them off ?

I am in Maryland, you are in WVa, let me know if you are ever in Central MD with the truck we should meet sometime.

I'm in Louisville, KY. But From AShland right on the bored of WVa, that said, my family has property up in PA and I do plan to drive the Cruiser up (maybe next summer!) We hit 220 just east of Cumberland and head North!

How to you completely grind off the rust on the leaf springs without taking them off ?

Carefully and by getting absolutely covered in dirt and grime. I used both a wire wheel cup brush and wire wheel disc.

Just the back seat. Going to cut some carpet or rubber for the floor. I bought the blanket from Amazon, Prime shipped for $17!
image.jpg
Picked this up several years ago in Zacatecas, MX. Gonna cut it up, unfortunately, however I am also gonna make a dash cover for my buddy Alvis with the remaining fabric

Awesome truck man I'm about to be under my truck for a few days with a grinder myself making that chassis look pretty! Keep it up love seeing and reading about how each truck changes. On another note I very well may be able to trade you fuse panel covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom