Builds 1978 FJ40 Mustard Yellow - almost perfect thread. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Attention to detail, Turned out great

Very impressive to have gotten that much accomplished in a few weeks, particularly in those surroundings.

I would spend far too much time on the front porch, awesome looking place!

All set for Thursday. Departing KTLH around 0800 and should be on the ground at KMBO around 0930 local time.

The truck looks incredible. I have not been able to follow the thread the last couple of weeks but Nolen has been keeping me up to date with texts. I recently moved out on a farm and am living in the guest house while some renovations are complete on the main house. Should have been done in December but contractors are always late. In fairness, I guess they were not specific on the year when they said “December.” We have no internet and the cell service is spotty at best.

I told Nolen his updates were definitely a shining point in all the other BS going on. Cannot wait to get see the truck in person.

Better question, why is there an outline of a body on your driveway?

Well, we know what Nolen is like. Add in two kids related to him and a redhead and the mind boggles! 😜

I knew better than to call it done.

@GA Architect asked me to check some Sniper settings for him and the closest truck was Mustard78 parked in my home carport.

Damned if I don’t hear a vacuum leak at the base of the adaptor. I can push the edge if the gasket and it goes away.

It’s all got to come out for a reseal tomorrow after work.

Boo......but glad it was here and not Florida.

Turns out there are 2 different size cap nuts that hold the adapter to the intake manifold.

The 1/8” longer ones go on the head side of the adapter since those holes go all the way through. That is why you need to cover them with RTV.

If you put those on the wrong end like I did the bolt won’t snug the adapter down good on the gasket. Had I used Indian Head the first time it would have sealed the gap but I put it on dry and it was just enough of a gap that a little air was whistling through.

So, if you ever use this adapter make sure you make note. I did not notice until I put it all back together a second time and I could see the Indian Head moving when I pushed hard on the adapter. Pulled them out and sure enough. I had them mixed up. Who knew?

I dropped the idle from 750 to 700 and adjusted the IAC one final time.

I think it’s ready for a road trip.

What were your final settings on the sniper?

Target Idle, cruise and WOT AFR? Will you transfer learn table once everything is dialed in?

Would like to get a good baseline of what actual 40 users are ending up with. On my current install I am noticing my target idle AFR (when cold) likes to be higher. (leaner) and also notice my learn % is always neg (subtracting fuel). Wondering if you had a similar experience? (this is based on the initial wizards baseline set up)

Perhaps a new Sniper users thread with config info might be useful.

BTW, great work on everything, I picked up some good tips as well, and appreciate your insights!

I don’t usually mess with the stock tune. @FJ60Cam has been playing with settings but this one and my other two are doing great , no hesitation, no dieseling, no cutting out as I let off the gas. Just smooth sailing.

10* timing

OEM FJ60 plugs gapped to .040

DUI/Livewires

D8869D3B-F82A-4486-BDFF-3A3A82E3161F.jpeg

Nasty day for a pickup. I ferried Patina down in the rain this morning after leaving my TRD Pro at the FBO last night.

We should have a sunny afternoon for driving and exploring DeSoto National Forest

02C079E1-25B5-4212-8428-258F4619C0CB.jpeg

42028AA8-5ADB-4B47-A0FB-C7B74A3D4146.jpeg

That photo just gave my wife a heart attack! Ooh, just looked again - gives me the shivers!

That photo just gave my wife a heart attack! Ooh, just looked again - gives me the shivers!

The owner of this place is doing his part to kill me.
And he’s a Cruiser guy @under_psi

BC0EFF1E-4CB3-4574-998C-AC6DF91ACACB.jpeg

Mild panic.

Was on the way to the airport in the rain and the throttle stuck wide open.

s***! Pull over in the rain and see that when I fixed the vacuum leak I did not properly reroute the throttle cable and it burned it.

Luckily I had one at home so I booked it back and replaced the sheath. I was able to keep all the setting and brackets in place so it Went fast.

E9642325-5C17-40A6-830B-831F7720B327.jpeg

F7621C04-9AED-437C-BD79-D62E7141979E.jpeg

9869BC27-D533-4057-B1BA-27151A99FA7B.jpeg

So, one thing.....if Lockwood hates the smell of Fluid Film he might have the sell this thing

I’m treated the faded seat belts with it. I’m anxious to see how this looks after it soaks in. My bet they look like new. All the other faded rubber parts look new after soaking in this stuff

View attachment 2198704
The Amby door light harness has been clipped clean so I had to get that hooked up for lights on the tag.
View attachment 2198705View attachment 2198706
I know it’s supposed to pass through the white grommet but they always bunch up in there

Now I’m cleaning up after the framers and enjoying a little bonfire
View attachment 2198707

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom