SOLD 1976 FJ40 the [green] Goblin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I'm itching for another project, and financially can't keep 2 cruisers with as much money as I blow on crap....

I am listing my 1976 FJ40 here in this new thread. the Build thread, is listed below in my signature line.

This is a MS truck. I am mostly sure that it has been in the Jackson area for its entire life. When I got it, the odometer read 82500 miles. It starts every time I turn the key.It is a very solid truck with minimal rust and drives straight & true whether going 10 or 80.

I have put almost 1100 miles on it since the summer upgrades and it runs like a top. 250 of those miles were on a backroads jaunt to the MS sand dunes in the summer heat. It ran flawlessly.

specs:

1976 FJ40 Rustic Green [GM Performance V8 Efi...H55f 5sp] $30,000. Do the math on the parts thrown at this thing.....and there's -0- labor factored in.....I will entertain reasonable offers or a trade for a white 60 in good structural condition....

**the truck was previously re-painted...likely in the 80's when this truck received the V8 swap and all the "time period & related mods." the gas tank was relocated to the rear of the truck and the filler was cut and grafted to the rear of the passenger side fender to accommodate the tank filling.

I have gone through this truck 2x now in the 5 years that I have owned it. just short of body-off, I have redone or replaced everything I could get my hands on..engine, trans & case pulled...twice on most things. ugh.

Engine/Driveline:
Holley Sniper EFI full 4bbl kit with ignition module and distributor
GM performance v8 with mild comp cam and roller rockers
H55f & Split case rebuilt with all new gears, shafts, bearings, and case halves done By @orangefj45
edelbrock valve covers
edelbrock air gap intake
3 row aluminum champion radiator with spal fan and aluminum shroud
new aluminum high flow water pump, thermostat, etc.
Mean Green Alternator
MAN A FRE Aluminum Aux/Rear Gas tank with skid plate
Saginaw Power Steering (cruiser outfitters)
Bilstein Shocks
New Shackles and bushings
Rams Horn Manifolds, Y Pipe.
Heat wrap on exhaust from Y pipe back. Flowmaster 40 muffler
new plugs/wires
new clutch/flywheel
new clutch slave
All brakes redone
new city racer brake master
CCOT hard brake line kit
OEM soft brake lines/calipers
all belts new and in great shape (with spares)
all new fluids
oil. diffs. coolant. etc.

Interior:
Dakota Digital RTX gauge with dimmer knob (pimp city y'all...I mean it....)
New Vintage Air/Heat with dash controls, defrost, etc.
Painless Wiring 7 circuit breaker kit to handle the added electrical load
Retro Sound Bluetooth Radio w/2 6x9 speakers
12v/Cigarette Plug new and working
New door gaskets all around
New Hard Top Gaskets
OEM Door Cards
OEM window trim/siding
OEM Service Light in Glove box
City Racer B Pillar Courtesy light
City Racer OEM replica front floor mat
City Racer rear cargo liner
City Racer 5sp shift knob
mostly new stainless and oem and cad plated hardware.

Front seats have been professionally recovered, frames powdered. The rear seat frames were powdered as well and sport cruiser outfitter covers in gray vinyl.

Dash cap is in great shape. with OEM Screws and Windshield Knobs.
Harness has been pulled, fixed and re-loomed and taped.
Wipers work. All lights and turn signals function properly.

Exterior:
Warren 8274 Wench
CCOT HFS front bumper
4 Plus Rear Bumper with dual swing outs
City Racer LED headlights
FrontRunner Outfitters full length roof rack (only one of its kind)
OEM wheels with hubcaps
33x10.5 BFG KM2's
new Toyota grille emblem
ARB Safari Snorkel with sealed intake hose and Spectre Performance aluminum intake

I recently cut, buffed, polished, and waxed the paint to remove the uneven oxidation and help keep it looking as good as it can. I personally like the look of the worn paint and belmishes that many of these older trucks have. yes there is some rust on the body and top. nothing appears to be overly parasitic and all has been treated. also used rust store cavity wax inside all manageable nooks.

Truck has lizard skin on main interior floor pan and under the body/frame as well. The interior of the top cap has been coated in lizard skin as well. it really does help with noise and heat.

Disclaimer: i type in stream of consciousness - and probably could have grouped this better. I know I type in "hot mess" format. sorrynotsorry im not @ntsaint

thanks to @wngrog for guidance, motivation, pix, and video hosting during this whole period.....

IMG_7161.jpg
IMG_7167.jpg
IMG_7151.JPG
IMG_7156.JPG
IMG_7154.JPG

Last edited:
I assisted in helping Lou procure a lot of the OEM parts on this rig over the years during the build. He did things correctly.

Was there when Nolander, Lou and I pulled the motor and ancillary bits for a refresh.... Truck has come a long way with a lot of blood, sweat and fun!

Good times. Good truck. Good friends. Hope this goes to a good home.

8F9AB526-96D2-40D9-B35E-F39D8EC02CCC.jpeg
63B2F713-D6FC-40A3-9384-3739BC783946.jpeg

Last edited:
Such a great truck. GLWS

I have a 1967 original paint patina rig in case you want to start over! Your's is exactly where I planned to get mine to, and I'm not sure I have time to get it done. Love it. I know you want a 60, but it never hurts to float it out there. My rig plus a pile of cash...
Pics
67%20patina%20front%20full-L.jpg

WOW, love this rig!

Did the Gob ever trade hands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom