1974 FJ55 Front Turn Signal Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I checked my box. It looks like I have two good bases to donate to science. I'm never going to use them.

2F2D1861-4859-43B4-AD80-D439F7EC18B8.jpeg

OK, now I am getting excited. Let's build some parts!

Here it what I am thinking. NikP why don't you send me your complete assemblies and Scrapdaddy you send me your OEM part. Scrapdaddy's part is crisp and newer so I can cross reference the measurements. Accuracy is important to me. I want all the bases and grommets to be interchangeable with the OEM parts. The bases will be printed out of ABS and the grommets will be made out of TPU. The quality of work should be consistent with the other bases and grommets I posted earlier.

Megadoomer, I appreciate your offer. I plan to get everything wrapped up in 30 days, however, I am in the process of fixing my house in preparation for sale and moving to a new home in the next 30-60 days so if the timeline gets pushed out I don't want you to be without your lights. I highly doubt it will go beyond 30 days but occasionally life throws us a curve ball.

Scapdaddy and NikP if you are OK with this, let me know and I will PM you my address / full contact information.

Thanks everyone for helping to make this happen.

Great community effort as usual!

So repop bases are incoming for the early lights...is there a source for the lights themselves?

How come we don't 3d print rear grille sidemarker surround. Mmmmm 😉🤔
It could be done, however, I can't image there is a huge demand and chroming the parts gets very expensive. After I get these turn signal bases finished up we can start a discussion on the next part I should work on.

Last edited:
The CAD work is complete, now I am moving towards production. The 3d printed part won't look this nice as there are always compromises when converting the model to an actual print. I wasn't satisfied with my first run of the actual part so I need to play with it more.

Rendering v2.jpg

Rendering v2 - jpg2.png

Rendering v2-jpg3.png

Rendering v2-jpg4.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom