1974 FJ55 Front Turn Signal Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserkreutz

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought new OEM front turn signals (81510-60200) for my 10/74 FJ55 to replace the lolly pop units the previous owner had installed. According to what I've read these are the correct lights, but nothing looks right. There is only one small peg hole on the fender, and the light has two pegs. The peg hole that is there doesn't even line up with a peg on the light. Also, the base on the light is angled so much it's going to lean way back on the fender. I know on the 40 series these mount down low on the angled part of the front fenders, so I see why the light base would be angled, but not for the 55 series. Did the 55 series have a different light base? What am I missing?

20180201_145831.jpg

20180201_145221.jpg

20180201_145851.jpg

20180201_145233.jpg

look like they're for the 40? even the plastic is not matching the fender curve

As far as I know, you can't get the turn signals with the correct angled base for the 55's. I bought the same turn signals that you have and just cut down the bases to the correct angle, using a cut off wheel and belt sander. It was a pretty easy fix. HTH's

Abqcruiser is correct, the 55 base is no longer. Nuclearlemon had some printed, but not sure if she has any left. Just cut them down and don't worry about that locating tit the bolt will hold it straight, unless you're like me and bump into them constantly.

the bucket is the same for both rigs; the base is different between the two. modifying those bases or replacing them are your options.

Ok, It looks like there is a small angle to them and there is a left and right. .896 and .805, the small side has the tit on it for the locating hole, so you can figure out how to angle them. I'm thinking flat would work, too.

Ok, It looks like there is a small angle to them and there is a left and right. .896 and .805, the small side has the tit on it for the locating hole, so you can figure out how to angle them. I'm thinking flat would work, too.

Wanna sell the ones you've got? :bounce::bounce2:

Abqcruiser is correct, the 55 base is no longer. Nuclearlemon had some printed, but not sure if she has any left. Just cut them down and don't worry about that locating tit the bolt will hold it straight, unless you're like me and bump into them constantly.

Yep, Ige printed up a batch. Not sure if she has any more? @nuclearlemon

Got them cut and they fit good. I did a test fitting after I cut one, didn't think to take a picture and I'm not close by my 55. I'll try to remember to take one later. I ended up using a Dremel with a cut off wheel and sanding drum then flattened them up with an orbital sander. Good enough for this old pig...
20180202_150731.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom