1972 fj40 fst restoration. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today I focused on trying to make the fst bars quiet. No rattles in this one is my goal. I added foam everywhere the bars meet metal. Hopefully you can carry on a conversation in this one when it’s done.

E9084395-BB81-4814-96E3-66FA7F5D66F7.jpeg

0349B565-AD1C-4C0F-A450-E27452966171.jpeg

7D520385-D7F6-45C0-97C0-96CD11ED5A47.jpeg

D074A016-E195-4506-A22F-BED0BC969C17.jpeg

B402C018-ABC3-426C-90C5-0365D1AC8F08.jpeg

One of the sweetest builds ever! Keep up the great work!

This truck gives me impure thoughts...not supposed to love inanimate objects. Same year I was born, color is great, love the FST. Please tell me you're holding onto this one.

That makes my thoughts even more impure. Risking a wallet fire...
I will sell this one when it’s done if the price is right. I will have a lot in it. Using all new oem parts. From disc brake conversion, new oem rims, new oem tailgate, fully rebuilt engine, new oem fuel tank, emblems, lights, ect. 100% rust free California fst tub, new quarter panels because someone cut them for flares. 42,000 original miles. It was in a barn since 1978 when I find it. He owned it since 1974 or 75. I still have letter from him as well as the title from then as well. It’s nice.

Last edited:
Oh, I have no doubt it will be expensive. Rightfully so. Something about this truck hits every button for me. Gorgeous. Love it. Carry on!

Struggling with what to do with the engine option. Pull apart and rebuild the original f engine or go big. Those that know me knew that answer before I did. Why not go all out. It deserves it. I decided on an engine conversion, new h55 transmission, oh and a new oem split transfer case. This truck is going to break the bank.

Struggling with what to do with the engine option. Pull apart and rebuild the original f engine or go big. Those that know me knew that answer before I did. Why not go all out. It deserves it. I decided on an engine conversion, new h55 transmission, oh and a new oem split transfer case. This truck is going to break the bank.

What engine are you thinking of going with?

Now I have even more impure thoughts than I had before. Impure dreams in all likelihood. :clap:

Who supplied the corner bracket and footers for the rear loop on that FST?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom