Builds 1968 FJ40 Build Page "the rocky road" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey @toomanytoyzz @huminajumina was interested in a few pieces we will be coming across, he has had his eye on them for a few years! I just managed to break through the price gap!

I have been missing my cruiser during the past 4 months in Oklahoma, but it will be much cooler in WV when I get back. Heres a film shot from somewhere in Mississippi...
29828211256_f15d5f5fd9_h.jpg

So, were you in UPT at Columbus and now at Altus or something?

I am in Mississippi too. I am just about to get my 1968 up and running.......

Yes, Exactly, about to head back to WV. Man, I wish I would have seen your thread while I was there, I would have driven down that way and checked out the Cruiser!!!!

Swing a cross country to the 172nd in Jackson. The POL chief there is our club Prez. We will take you to lunch
Oh cool, yea I'll have to get over there!! It looks like your cruiser is coming together very nicely! Let me know if ya need something, I have a few boxes laying around the basement with '68 parts still in them.

For those of you that follow along, I have been preoccupied with study's and worldly travel again, and have not had time to keep the thread updated.... there are a few recent photo albums over on Flickr, feel free to check them out!

Here's the link:
huminajumina’s albums | Flickr

32448520820_78a04b6d54_c.jpg

I had a pretty strong fuel smell the other day and found a broken hose clamp on the filler neck, I replaced it, and now I am back to the normal fuel smell!!! :rofl:

I have not posted in a while, I have been busy flying, working on my house, and driving a van across the rockys. My dad found a hell of a deal on a 1995 Sportvan, so I fixed it up and took it camping check it out here --> SPORTVANMAN <-- The cruiser is still running strong although I have neglected it just a little. I have been nursing this new but also bad radiator. I have been dreading the shipping back to Cali even if they cover it under the lifetime warranty. If anyone has had a similar experience with Champion radiators let me know??

I also recently found that my New taillights are so rusted out that only 1 screw is left....

37418651611_f6fe960de5_b.jpg

Hopefully I can get a decent garage built soon, so I can really get some work done!

My replacement/upgrade Champion radiator arrived this week, along with 4 new tires. I am selling my old S10, so I am swapping the current tires over as they are getting close to warn out.

When I sent my leaking Champion radiator back, it was out of stock, so I paid the difference to upgrade from the 2-row to the 3-row.
I haven't really had cooling issues, just leaking issues, but I figured it would be worth it to upgrade and it saved time.

Also, after years of trying to resist buying a new Tacoma, i finally caved and got a new one, and of course I had to put a fresh TLCA sticker on it!

IMG_3141.JPG
IMG_3150.JPG
IMG_3149.JPG
IMG_3146.JPG

I was beginning to think maybe you had abandoned that poor old 40 with all the miles you have been putting on that van!

I've just been busy & putting off the whole radiator situation. Hopefully this new one will last a lot longer & I'll be able to drive it a little more.
I was beginning to think maybe you had abandoned that poor old 40 with all the miles you have been putting on that van!

GUYS, I Finally have a garage!!!!!

I have been very busy lately traveling for work, but I have been meaning to post a few shots of the new garage for my cruiser! I am so excited, it will be nice to get a few things done (And take my time!!)
44133777994_0ae366c95d.jpg

30982425688_b0744089b4.jpg

30982422558_09653469c4.jpg

My dad got me a lift for my birthday, so we drove a few hours up the road to pick it up, I am still recovering from some back issues but I am hoping to install it soon!!! I will get a ton of use out of it for sure!

44854655841_79199ecf43.jpg

Here's a shot from the move in phase, stained a few old work benches and moved in some old tool boxes to fill the back wall!

29918494077_3437015930.jpg
30982421818_9f9b581d91.jpg

A few years ago my dad also work helped out a neighbor and worked a deal for this compressor as well. It had never been used, it had never even had oil put in it.

30982420318_4efa5bdaee.jpg

30982420938_0182ddc23f.jpg

And Last but not least, I plugged in my old beer fridge!!!!!!!!!

43944093885_9dc7dea875.jpg

The heck with the garage, we want to hear about the wild adventures that Rusty goes on!

Kick ass garage too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom