Builds 1967 FJ45LPB resto-mod 1HDFT H55 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Adam burned these on today (and a few other things).

BCCB6C4D-5E52-4B62-8AF8-4C8FDECA331D.jpeg

I think we decided we are going to replace this crossmember too. Bend it up out of some DOM, if we bend and angle it up and back we can gain easily 2” for shocks.

5154C583-6B7B-473E-8C3A-F894EAFDC0B7.jpeg

Cheers

I may have have missed it? But are the traction bars for axle wrap? Nice job on the truck.

I may have have missed it? But are the traction bars for axle wrap? Nice job on the truck.

Yup exactly. Soft leaves for a good ride with lots of power equals super bad axle wrap without it.

Cheers

Yup exactly. Soft leaves for a good ride with lots of power equals super bad axle wrap without it.

Cheers

I snapped a D60 pinion 10 minutes into a trail ride on my first spring over because I didn’t “need” a traction bar.
Expensive lesson learned.

Oh ya...

9F783852-DD50-4F26-91A8-106ECEF6DC9F.jpeg

I have had a pile of these OEM 70-series rubber bushes for awhile. Pretty happy they match up the OME leaves, I am going to run them on the shackle side up front.

Cheers

Are you going to use 18mm bolts? I machined up some sleeves to take up the space between the standard 9/16" ruffstuff bolts and the 18mm bushing ID.

Yup 18mm bolts.

057AD118-EA73-49A2-9C06-BFC5010F100B.jpeg

Drilled the RS shackles to suit. Grade 10.9 bolts, super strong. In the past I have gotten bolts drilled with a grease zirk to do this but with the OEM rubbers they don’t need regular greasing. I would honestly prefer to run OEM rubber bushes all around but don’t think we are doing that, just front shackle side.

Cheers

Are you planning to place the front axle in the stock location or are you moving it forward?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom